Effecting an MDI Child from another Child

Kenshin1591

Hello, I am learning C++ and this is an odd concept for me.

I'm using Visual C++ 2005 express, and I have two seperate Children.
One child takes a string, and when a button on that form is pressed, I
would like the same string to appear on another label on another child
form. So, my question is, how do I make it so? Heh, thank you very much.

W Marsh

Hello, I am learning C++ and this is an odd concept for me.

I'm using Visual C++ 2005 express, and I have two seperate Children.
One child takes a string, and when a button on that form is pressed, I
would like the same string to appear on another label on another child
form. So, my question is, how do I make it so? Heh, thank you very much.

None of this is C++. You need to find an appropriate Microsoft
newsgroup.

www.fruitfruit.com

None of this is C++. You need to find an appropriate Microsoft
newsgroup.

Here is the right group: microsoft.public.vc.mfc

If two forms are of the same document, you can store the string in your
document class and call UpdateAllViews() method of that document class.
if they are of different documents, then you have to navigate through
all open views, which can be accomplished by first navigate all
documents, then navigate all views until you find the right view.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q106/4/55.asp
How To Acquire a List of All CDocument Objects

Robbie Hatley

Hello, I am learning C++ and this is an odd concept for me.

I've been learning it for about 5 years now, and it's STILL
an odd concept. Fun, but odd. :)
I'm using Visual C++ 2005 express

I wish I had that. (I'm using version 6, which is very
antiquated.)
and I have two separate Children.

Cool. When did they have the operation to separate them?
How long were they conjoined? How are they reacting to
having two separate bodies now? Were there any shared
organs? How are they coping?
One child takes a string, and when a button on that form
is pressed, I would like the same string to appear on another
label on another child form. So, my question is, how do I
make it so? Heh, thank you very much.

Isn't that child abuse?

Oh, wait... you're talking about "child" processes or windows
or something like that. That's not C++. Sounds like Microsoft
Windows stuff. This is the wrong group for that. Try these:

comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 (I set followup here)
microsoft.public.win32.programmer

--
Cheers,
Robbie Hatley

Jack Klein

Here is the right group: microsoft.public.vc.mfc

So far, so good.
If two forms are of the same document, you can store the string in your
document class and call UpdateAllViews() method of that document class.
if they are of different documents, then you have to navigate through
all open views, which can be accomplished by first navigate all
documents, then navigate all views until you find the right view.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q106/4/55.asp
How To Acquire a List of All CDocument Objects

Please don't provide off-topic answers to off-topic posts here. The
redirection to an appropriate group is sufficient.