Effective State Management for fairly large data (ASP.NET 2.0)

russzee

Hello,

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 application which fetches substantial data (a
report) from sql server and saves that to a datatable. My application
then uses the information from that datatable on almost every page.

Alot of my pages display data that are just subsets of this big table.

What's the best way to preserve the state of this datatable throughout
my application on a per user basis (since the report is user specific)
?

I know sessions isnt advisable for large data and that caching
application data is common to all users and not per user.

I've also tried to query the database on each call but it makes my
application extremely slow.

Thanks in advance.

Russzee

russzee

Thanks John,

I'll try that and let you know if that improves the app. performance.

- russzee