    on windows auhtentication? Does it affect windows security?

    Thanx in advance,

    Meena.
    Meena Desai, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Joyjit Mukherjee, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Meena Desai

    Meena Desai Guest

    Hi,

    Thanx for ur quick reply.
    I read the doc which u referred, but unfortunately there is nothing related
    to the windows security in it. By enaling the impersonate, is there any
    chance to break the windows security? Also will it affect other things? Will
    my site be secure after using <identity impersonate="true" /> from
    unauthorised access?

    I want to allow a registered user to delete some file. It shows me error
    when I move my code from one folder to another. It deletes all the user
    rights which I had given after moving the code folder. Is there any solution
    to this problem?

    Thanx,

    Meena.

    Meena Desai, Feb 9, 2005
  5. hi meena ,

    Generally, it's not a good idea to run all code while impersonating. This
    can lead to some weird problems with permissions on kernel objects (threads,
    processes, named synchronization objects) that get created while
    impersonating. It also prevents efficient database connection pooling.

    Read more form the author danseller

    http://blogs.msdn.com/dansellers/archive/2004/03/13/89203.aspx

    hope this article solves all your questions

    regards
    Ansil
    Trivandrum

    reach me at

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5zaWwgTUNBRA==?=, Feb 9, 2005
  6. Meena Desai

    Meena Desai Guest

    Hi Ansil,

    Thanx for ur guidance.
    I got a way for "Impersonate the Authenticating User in Code" from the
    article u referred as below (in Visual C#):

    System.Security.Principal.WindowsImpersonationContext
    impersonationContext;
    impersonationContext =
    ((System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity)User.Identity).Impersonate();
    // Insert your code that runs under the security context of the
    authenticating user here.
    impersonationContext.Undo();

    But this method requires that the authenticating user identity is of type
    WindowsIdentity. While I am using Forms authentication.
    Is there any way to do the same thing with Forms authentication?

    Thanx,
    Meena.

    Meena Desai, Feb 9, 2005
  7. HI Meena,
    With forms Auth u have to use Anonymous access!
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Feb 11, 2005
  8. Meena Desai

    soumasreek

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Tell me one thing... I want my website to authenticate user by entering their Windows username/password. How to do that?
    soumasreek, Jun 25, 2007