Egg with option to install extra packages

Sebastjan Trepca

Hi,

I'm trying to distribute my application which also support some extra
libraries but does not require them to run. I set the "extra" option
but I don't know how could I specify that I want to install my
application with any of that extra packages.

So now I have in my setup.py like this:

extras_require={
'postgresql': ['psycopg2'],
'mysql': ['MySQLdb'],
'odbc': ['pyodbc'],
'mssql': ['pymssql'],
},

Could I now specify an extra package when installing?

ie. easy_install my_egg.egg --extra=postgresql,mysql,odbc

Thanks!