    where can i see the specs ?

    can you please provide the link for it ?

    who implements this spec ? who are ther vedors implemented this spec ?
    gk, Dec 16, 2006

  2. gk

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    gk wrote:
    > "EJB is a specification for J2EE server, not a product"
    >
    > is this true ?
    >
    > where can i see the specs ?
    >
    > can you please provide the link for it ?
    >

    > who implements this spec ? who are ther vedors implemented this spec ?

    I'm willing to guess all the info you need is at http://java.sun.com

    Have fun.
    Daniel Pitts, Dec 16, 2006

  3. gk

    gk Guest

    Daniel Pitts wrote:
    > gk wrote:
    > > "EJB is a specification for J2EE server, not a product"
    > >
    > > is this true ?
    > >
    > > where can i see the specs ?
    > >
    > > can you please provide the link for it ?
    > >

    > > who implements this spec ? who are ther vedors implemented this spec ?

    > I'm willing to guess all the info you need is at http://java.sun.com
    >
    > Have fun.

    how about giving an answer like google.com ?
    gk, Dec 16, 2006
  4. gk

    Wesley Hall Guest

    gk wrote:
    > "EJB is a specification for J2EE server, not a product"
    >
    > is this true ?

    Yes.

    > where can i see the specs ?

    On Sun's Java site.

    http://java.sun.com/products/ejb/docs.html

    > who implements this spec ? who are ther vedors implemented this spec ?

    The application server vendors, Sun, JBoss, BEA, IBM, the ASF.... plenty
    more.
    Wesley Hall, Dec 16, 2006
  5. gk

    gk Guest

    Wesley Hall wrote:
    > gk wrote:
    > > "EJB is a specification for J2EE server, not a product"
    > >
    > > is this true ?

    > Yes.
    >
    > > where can i see the specs ?

    > On Sun's Java site.
    >
    > > can you please provide the link for it ?

    > http://java.sun.com/products/ejb/docs.html
    >
    > > who implements this spec ? who are ther vedors implemented this spec ?

    > The application server vendors, Sun, JBoss, BEA, IBM, the ASF.... plenty
    > more.

    that was a nice answer.

    ok..so these application server guys implements this ejb specs ......so
    actually they make some java classes which conforms those specification
    and bundles those java classes into a JAR file and that JAR file name
    is J2EE.JAR and then they put this J2EE.JAR into their application
    server ...... all those vendors do the same above task.

    is this correct ?

    and so thats why there are...
    j2ee.jar (//from sun application server)
    j2ee.jar (//ibm websphere server)
    j2ee.jar (//BEA weblogic server)
    j2ee.jar (//Jboss server)

    is this correct ?

    tell me one thing , cant we download the JAR file seperately from the
    website ? does they spec prohibits that you cant download the J2EE.jar
    unless you download the app server ?

    is there any rule , license , copyright or some restriction there ?
    does all the vendors obeys that ?
    gk, Dec 16, 2006
  6. gk

    Karl Uppiano Guest

    "gk" <> wrote in message

    > Daniel Pitts wrote:
    >> gk wrote:
    >> > "EJB is a specification for J2EE server, not a product"
    >> >
    >> > is this true ?
    >> >
    >> > where can i see the specs ?
    >> >
    >> > can you please provide the link for it ?
    >> >

    >> > who implements this spec ? who are ther vedors implemented this spec ?

    >> I'm willing to guess all the info you need is at http://java.sun.com
    >>
    >> Have fun.

    > how about giving an answer like google.com ?

    He actually gave you a good answer, but this is slightly more specific.
    http://java.sun.com/javaee/ will get you links to all the information you
    need. J2EE is not a small subject, and you will need to do some research.
    This is a good place to start.
    Karl Uppiano, Dec 16, 2006
  7. gk

    Wesley Hall Guest

    gk wrote:
    > Wesley Hall wrote:
    >> gk wrote:
    >>> "EJB is a specification for J2EE server, not a product"
    >>>
    >>> is this true ?

    >> Yes.
    >>
    >>> where can i see the specs ?

    >> On Sun's Java site.
    >>
    >>> can you please provide the link for it ?

    >> http://java.sun.com/products/ejb/docs.html
    >>
    >>> who implements this spec ? who are ther vedors implemented this spec ?

    >> The application server vendors, Sun, JBoss, BEA, IBM, the ASF.... plenty
    >> more.

    > that was a nice answer.
    >
    > ok..so these application server guys implements this ejb specs ......so
    > actually they make some java classes which conforms those specification
    > and bundles those java classes into a JAR file and that JAR file name
    > is J2EE.JAR and then they put this J2EE.JAR into their application
    > server ...... all those vendors do the same above task.

    It is a little more complicated.

    A J2EE server is a container. The container provides certain services,
    such as transaction management, security, persistence, logging etc.

    The classes that you would find in the 'j2ee.jar' are classes that
    provide the 'container contract'. That is, the mechanism by which the
    application server provides these services to your application. The
    application server knows about j2ee.jar and your application knows about
    j2ee.jar, this is the mechanism by which the application server and your
    deployed components interact.

    To be honest, what you are asking is a massive question and takes some
    time (and entire books) to cover completely. I would suggest that if you
    have an interest in the subject, you go through the sun J2EE tutorial or
    pick up a J2EE book. Most will explain it far better than I do :)
    Wesley Hall, Dec 17, 2006
  8. gk

    gk Guest

    Wesley Hall wrote:
    > gk wrote:
    > > Wesley Hall wrote:

    > >> Yes.

    > >> On Sun's Java site.

    > >> http://java.sun.com/products/ejb/docs.html

    > >> The application server vendors, Sun, JBoss, BEA, IBM, the ASF.... plentyere.base.doc/info/aes/ae/covr_j2ee.html
    > >> more.
    > > > >

    > > that was a nice answer.
    > >
    > > ok..so these application server guys implements this ejb specs ......so
    > > actually they make some java classes which conforms those specification
    > > and bundles those java classes into a JAR file and that JAR file name
    > > is J2EE.JAR and then they put this J2EE.JAR into their application
    > > server ...... all those vendors do the same above task.

    > It is a little more complicated.
    >
    > A J2EE server is a container. The container provides certain services,
    > such as transaction management, security, persistence, logging etc.
    >
    > The classes that you would find in the 'j2ee.jar' are classes that
    > provide the 'container contract'. That is, the mechanism by which the
    > application server provides these services to your application. The
    > application server knows about j2ee.jar and your application knows about
    > j2ee.jar, this is the mechanism by which the application server and your
    > deployed components interact.
    >
    > To be honest, what you are asking is a massive question and takes some
    > time (and entire books) to cover completely. I would suggest that if you
    > have an interest in the subject, you go through the sun J2EE tutorial or
    > pick up a J2EE book. Most will explain it far better than I do

    Hi, i got a quick J2EE specification here

    Quick reference: primary J2EE 1.4 specifications

    * Java Servlet Specification 2.4
    * JavaServer Pages Specification 2.0
    * Enterprise JavaBeans Specification 2.1
    * Enterprise JavaBeans to CORBA Mapping 1.1
    * RMI over IIOP
    * Java IDL API
    * Web Services for J2EE, Version 1.1
    * SOAP with Attachments API for Java Specification 1.2
    * Java API for XML Processing Specification 1.2
    * Java API for XML Registries Specification 1.0
    * Java API for XML-based RPC Specification 1.1
    * JDBC Specifications, 3.0, 2.1, and Optional Package API (2.0)
    * Java Connector Architecture (JCA) 1.5
    * Java Message Service Specification 1.1
    * JavaMail API Specification 1.3
    * Java Authorization Contract for Containers 1.0
    * Java Naming and Directory Interface Specification 1.2.1
    * Java Transaction API Specification 1.0.1B
    * Java Transaction Service Specification 1.0
    * JavaBeans Activation Framework Specification 1.0.2

    from
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websph
    gk, Dec 17, 2006
  9. gk

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    gk wrote:
    > Daniel Pitts wrote:
    >> gk wrote:
    >>> "EJB is a specification for J2EE server, not a product"
    >>>
    >>> is this true ?
    >>>
    >>> where can i see the specs ?
    >>>
    >>> can you please provide the link for it ?
    >>>

    >>> who implements this spec ? who are ther vedors implemented this spec ?

    >> I'm willing to guess all the info you need is at http://java.sun.com
    >>
    >> Have fun.

    > how about giving an answer like google.com ?

    It's a good also also, but java.sun.com is a great first place to look.
    Alex Hunsley, Dec 18, 2006