electronic payment

Guest

Hi,
For an application that involves electronic payment process, I would like to
ask how is the architecture implemented in Secure Socket Layer (SSL)? I am
new to it and hope can give me some ideas on how to go about that...and also
about the certificate and digital signature? Is it provided by some
commercial services out there?
Thanks in advance.

Mark Rae

I use this: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WebPageSecurity_v2.asp
and also about the certificate and digital signature? Is it provided by
some
commercial services out there?

There are several:
http://www.verisign.com
http://www.thawte.com
http://www.geotrust.com/

Generally speaking, if your ISP supports SSL (and, if they don't, it's time
to change ISPs!) they will issue one for your site at a price...

Also, Microsoft supply a free SSL certificate for development and testing
purposes:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa194055(office.11).aspx