Element <link> cannot be nested inside element <div>

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rick, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Hello,

    The masterpage of the site has a <div> element that encloses the
    "content" of the actual aspx page.

    The content page has a <link> element.

    When I try to switch from "source" view to "design" view, the
    following error message prevents me from going to "design" view:

    "Cannot switch views: Element <link> cannot be nested inside element

    Why can't these elements be nested?
    How can I overcome or work around this difficulty?

    Thanks in advance,

    Rick
    Rick, Jul 18, 2007

  2. Rick wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > The masterpage of the site has a <div> element that encloses the
    > "content" of the actual aspx page.
    >
    > The content page has a <link> element.
    >
    > When I try to switch from "source" view to "design" view, the
    > following error message prevents me from going to "design" view:
    >
    > "Cannot switch views: Element <link> cannot be nested inside element
    >
    > Why can't these elements be nested?
    > How can I overcome or work around this difficulty?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Rick

    The <link> tags should be in the <head> tag.

    If you need to add a <link> tag from a page, do that by adding a control
    to the Page.Header control.

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Jul 19, 2007