ELF object file analysis tool in Python?

John Benson

I already googled and only turned up some references dating from 2000.
Anybody know of any current Python tool that can open up and dissect
information from an ELF (Executable and Linking Format) object file? I don't
care about machine language stuff, but goodies like what sources were used
in the compile, and what routines are used.

Miki Tebeka

Hello John,
I already googled and only turned up some references dating from 2000.
Anybody know of any current Python tool that can open up and dissect
information from an ELF (Executable and Linking Format) object file? I don't
care about machine language stuff, but goodies like what sources were used
in the compile, and what routines are used.

Just parse the output of `objdump -g'. Note that some compiler (such as
MSVC) save the debug information in a different file (.pdb).

HTH.
Miki

Miki Tebeka

Hello John,