Eliminate gaps between table cells...

cool2005

I have a table contains 4 cells (2 x 2) like this

http://www.coolshare.com/planttrade/temp/gap.jpg

each cell contains a div and the div contains a table.

As you can see from the image above, there are gap between
these 4 cells of the top level table. I tried to use "cellspacing=0
cellpadding=0" on the top level table and
"align valign" on each td and tr but still couldn't remove
the gaps...

Any suggestion will be really appreciated

thanks

the html code:

<!-- cell 1 -->

<!-- cell 2 -->

<!-- cell 3 -->

<!-- cell 4 -->

RobB

cool2005 said:
I have a table contains 4 cells (2 x 2) like this

http://www.coolshare.com/planttrade/temp/gap.jpg

each cell contains a div and the div contains a table.

As you can see from the image above, there are gap between
these 4 cells of the top level table. I tried to use "cellspacing=0
cellpadding=0" on the top level table and
"align valign" on each td and tr but still couldn't remove
the gaps...

Any suggestion will be really appreciated

thanks

the html code:

<!-- cell 1 -->

<!-- cell 2 -->

<!-- cell 3 -->

<!-- cell 4 -->

Not exactly JavaScript....

A jpg & some 'simulated' HTML isn't much to go on. What were we suposed
to look at?

Unlikely you really need a table inside a div inside a table cell. And
the whitespace from all that fancy formatting is suspect. Try removing
it tab-by-tab to see what happens. Might want to try another ng (with
real code).

cool2005

The blue area in the jps is the gaps.
Yes, I do need "a table inside a div inside a table cell" because I
need to div to scroll the
table.

Maybe I should redescribe my question:

how can I remove the gaps between cells of a table if cells contain
divs?

thanks

McKirahan

cool2005 said:
The blue area in the jps is the gaps.
Yes, I do need "a table inside a div inside a table cell" because I
need to div to scroll the
table.

Maybe I should redescribe my question:

how can I remove the gaps between cells of a table if cells contain
divs?

thanks

Your image gives "The page cannot be displayed".

Why use <div>? Can you substitute <span>?

Or assign the id, class, style (whatever) to the <td> tag.

Note that, AFAIK, valign= applies to <tr> not <td> tags.