    I know the obvious ones like px, %, and mm, but what the hell is em, ex,
    etc?

    Cheers
    nobody, Nov 14, 2003

  2. nobody

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "nobody" <> writing in

    > Hey,
    >
    > I did a Google search but couldn't find much.
    >
    > Could someone please explain to me all the possible browser
    > measurements and when one's a good idea and another isn't etc.
    >
    > I know the obvious ones like px, %, and mm, but what the hell is em,
    > ex, etc?
    >
    > Cheers

    You must not have searched very hard, there are 147,000 results. Here's
    one:

    http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll/htmlcod1.htm?reload_coolmenus

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Nov 14, 2003

  3. nobody

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:37:52 +1030, "nobody" <> wrote:

    : Hey,
    :
    : I did a Google search but couldn't find much.
    :
    : Could someone please explain to me all the possible browser measurements and
    : when one's a good idea and another isn't etc.
    :
    : I know the obvious ones like px, %, and mm, but what the hell is em, ex,
    : etc?
    :
    : Cheers
    :

    http://www.elsid.co.za/download/css_fontsizes.htm

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Nov 14, 2003
  4. nobody

    Jay Guest

    "Adrienne" <> wrote in message
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "nobody" <> writing in
    >
    > > Hey,
    > >
    > > I did a Google search but couldn't find much.
    > >
    > > Could someone please explain to me all the possible browser
    > > measurements and when one's a good idea and another isn't etc.
    > >
    > > I know the obvious ones like px, %, and mm, but what the hell is em,
    > > ex, etc?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > You must not have searched very hard, there are 147,000 results. Here's
    > one:
    >
    > http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll/htmlcod1.htm?reload_coolmenus

    Or the user didn't know what to search for...

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=css font sizes
    Jay, Nov 14, 2003