emacs-calc

Discussion in 'C++' started by Baloff, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. Baloff

    Baloff Guest

    Hello

    please point to the right group if this does not belong here.

    using emacs-calc "Embedded Mode", I tried it on my *scratch* buffer,
    not working, here is what it does.
    I copied this region from the info buffer to do a demo
    The derivative of

    ln(ln(x))

    is

    ln(ln(x))

    when I point to this last line's formula, hit 'M-# e' it then moves
    the last line formula to the beginning of the line, then hit 'a d x'
    according to the doc to evaluate it, it does not insert the solution
    any where and it flashes some horizontal lines in the top line of the
    buffer and in the minibuffer, as if it is not understanding the
    typed commands. it is only when I move the pointer to the x it works,
    and changes the last line from ln(ln(x)) to 1 / ln(x) x

    is this a bug? do I have to point the most inner argument to all nested
    operation for it to work?

    thanks
    Baloff, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Baloff wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > please point to the right group if this does not belong here.

    I don't see any 'emacs' in 'comp.lang.c++'.
    Do you ?

    Stefan
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Stefan_N=E4we?=, Aug 18, 2005