    it saves me the trouble of having a terminal open as well as the
    editor. Any suggestions on how to get this sort of thing in Emacs
    would be appreciated.
    Kevin Olemoh, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Kevin Olemoh

    Ryan Davis Guest

    On Oct 15, 2006, at 5:31 PM, Kevin Olemoh wrote:

    > Is there a port of the ri plugin that is available for Vim for Emacs?
    > For those of you who don't know what I am talking about the plugin
    > provides the class documentation for ruby in vim's help document
    > format. [...]

    Generally I always have 1-4 shells (M-x shell RET)open IN emacs and
    one is almost always visible, so I'll just use that. There is/was an
    emacs ri elisp wrapper written by David Black that I found somewhere
    (ri.el), but it has some problems with more recent versions of emacs
    that I have not yet bothered to figure out and fix. I don't think it
    is supported anymore. If you'd like to try it out and can't find it,
    let me know and I can send you my copy.
    Ryan Davis, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Kevin Olemoh

    ruben Guest

    At Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:31:48 +0900, Kevin Olemoh wrote:

    > Is there a port of the ri plugin that is available for Vim for Emacs?
    > For those of you who don't know what I am talking about the plugin
    > provides the class documentation for ruby in vim's help document
    > format.

    You're probably looking for this:
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/ri-emacs/

    Not a port, but an independent project if I'm not mistaken.

    HTH,
    Ruben
    ruben, Oct 17, 2006