Emacs, loading file into interpreter doesn't work

cnb

Python-mode worked right out out of the box in Emacs and then I added
Python to my path so now the interpreter works as well.

However when I try to load a file(that is not located in site-
packages) it doesn't work.ImportError: No module named parsing

It is fairly impractical to work with if that doesn't work and cut and
pasting doesn't work(not that it is a good alternative in the first
place) because of Python being intendation-sensitive.

Can I add something to my .emacs-file to solve this?