    Thanks
    Nicolas
    , Nov 23, 2012

  2. Le 23/11/2012 15:54, a écrit :
    > Hi all
    > I am switching to Riviera-Pro as a compiler and have trouble setting up my beloved emacs to generate makefiles.
    > I keep getting getting a message telling me to ask the VHDL-mode maintainer for support of Aldec (which I did. I know Reto usually answers these emails)
    > Can anyone help ?

    Ok, I found the problem.
    It lies in the unit-to-file association part of the compiler setting.
    I discovered on this occasion that Riviera Pro compiles all the design
    units in 4 big library files instead of having 1 file per unit. Not very
    convenient to make...

    Nicolas
    Nicolas Matringe, Nov 23, 2012

  3. Pontus Guest

    > I discovered on this occasion that Riviera Pro compiles all the design
    > units in 4 big library files instead of having 1 file per unit. Not very
    > convenient to make...

    Yes,
    I tried to do with proxy files, i.e. if riviera vcom succeded I would
    "touch"
    a .dat file (with similar path as modelsim's). I.e. something like
    this in Makefile:

    vcom a.vhd && touch a_primary.dat

    And then build a similar dependency graph (as done by emacs
    makefiles).

    (I don't have the projects i tested with online at the moment, so
    syntax may be off).

    Riviera vcom has an option "-o" :== "order independant compilation",
    which migth be handy.

    I also sometimes end up with an elaboration warning that some libary
    unit changed, even though
    I compiled all neccesary files with "-o" (i.e. vcom -o *.vhd), that
    warning might be a bug,
    I haven't detailed it out yet.

    A few years ago I asked aldec if they would support generation of
    Makefile,
    similar to vmake, and as far as I recall they said "maybe, in the
    future.."

    -- Pontus
    Pontus, Nov 25, 2012