Emacs mode: Display higher level

Thomas Guettler

Hi!

I use xemacs. Is it possible to show the next higher
level in the status bar?

Up to now it looks like this:

Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---

It would be nice if it could look like this:

Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---

if the cursor is inside "class MyClass ....."

Or better, like this, if the cursor is inside
myFunc of MyClass:

Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass/myFunc (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---

thomas

Steve Evans

Hi!

I use xemacs. Is it possible to show the next higher
level in the status bar?

Up to now it looks like this:

Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---

It would be nice if it could look like this:

Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---

if the cursor is inside "class MyClass ....."

Or better, like this, if the cursor is inside
myFunc of MyClass:

Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass/myFunc (Python
Font)----L1177-C0--79%---

thomas

You could try func-menu. Note the last sentence, which says it does
what you wish.

;; ============
;; Suppose you have a file with a lot of functions in it. Well, this package
;; makes it easy to jump to any of those functions. The names of the
;; functions in the current buffer are automatically put into a menubar menu,
;; you select one of the function-names and the point is moved to that very
;; function. The mark is pushed on the mark-ring, so you can easily go back
;; to where you were. Alternatively, you can use enter the name of the
;; desired function via the minibuffer which offers completing read input. In
;; addition, the name of the function before point is optionally displayed in
;; the modeline.

I use it like this:

(require 'func-menu)
(add-hook 'find-file-hooks 'fume-add-menubar-entry)

Steve
- --
Steve Evans,
Zuken Limited, TEL: +44 (0)1454 207800 ext 8607
1500 Aztec West, Fax: +44 (0)1454 207803
Almondsbury, mailto:[email protected]
Bristol, BS32 4RF, UK Web: http://www.zuken.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key: http://www.gorbag.com/public-key-work.html
"a@b c"@d

"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of
the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."
"We can handle it. Our resources are greater than you think."
-- Londo and Lord Refa in Babylon 5:"Ceremonies of Light and Dark"