    myFunc of MyClass:

    Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass/myFunc (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---

    thomas
    Thomas Guettler, Nov 5, 2003

  2. "Thomas Guettler" <> writes:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I use xemacs. Is it possible to show the next higher
    > level in the status bar?
    >
    > Up to now it looks like this:
    >
    > Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---
    >
    > It would be nice if it could look like this:
    >
    > Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---
    >
    > if the cursor is inside "class MyClass ....."
    >
    > Or better, like this, if the cursor is inside
    > myFunc of MyClass:
    >
    > Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass/myFunc (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---

    From memory (I switched to GNU Emacs): how about (require 'speedbar)?

    'as
    Alexander Schmolck, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Thomas Guettler

    Steve Evans Guest

    On 5 Nov 2003, wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I use xemacs. Is it possible to show the next higher
    > level in the status bar?
    >
    > Up to now it looks like this:
    >
    > Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---
    >
    > It would be nice if it could look like this:
    >
    > Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass (Python Font)----L1177-C0--79%---
    >
    > if the cursor is inside "class MyClass ....."
    >
    > Or better, like this, if the cursor is inside
    > myFunc of MyClass:
    >
    > Noconv-----XEmacs: foo.py/MyClass/myFunc (Python
    > Font)----L1177-C0--79%---
    >
    > thomas

    You could try func-menu. Note the last sentence, which says it does
    what you wish.

    ;; ============
    ;; Suppose you have a file with a lot of functions in it. Well, this package
    ;; makes it easy to jump to any of those functions. The names of the
    ;; functions in the current buffer are automatically put into a menubar menu,
    ;; you select one of the function-names and the point is moved to that very
    ;; function. The mark is pushed on the mark-ring, so you can easily go back
    ;; to where you were. Alternatively, you can use enter the name of the
    ;; desired function via the minibuffer which offers completing read input. In
    ;; addition, the name of the function before point is optionally displayed in
    ;; the modeline.

    I use it like this:

    (require 'func-menu)
    (add-hook 'find-file-hooks 'fume-add-menubar-entry)

    Steve
    - --
    Steve Evans,
    Zuken Limited, TEL: +44 (0)1454 207800 ext 8607
    1500 Aztec West, Fax: +44 (0)1454 207803
    Almondsbury, mailto:
    Bristol, BS32 4RF, UK Web: http://www.zuken.com
    Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
    Public Encryption Key: http://www.gorbag.com/public-key-work.html
    "a@b c"@d

    "Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of
    the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."
    "We can handle it. Our resources are greater than you think."
    -- Londo and Lord Refa in Babylon 5:"Ceremonies of Light and Dark"
    Steve Evans, Nov 6, 2003