    (I am not an elipser)

    --
    John.
    John Fouhy, Jul 15, 2004

  2. John> Another language where indentation is significant is Haskell. The
    John> emacs Haskell mode has an excellent solution to the problem:
    John> Pushing <tab> cycles through the various possible indentations.

    John> Does anyone know if anything like this is possible with Python
    John> mode? Or are there any other popular solutions?

    Probably. <wink>...

    Feel free to file a feature request with the python-mode project on
    SourceForge. If we get to it, we get to it.

    Speaking of which, if you find reviewing and responding to bug/patch reports
    for Python beneath you, perhaps you'd like to hone your ELisp chops a bit:

    http://sf.net/projects/python-mode

    Feel free to review submissions, fix bugs, etc. Operators are standing
    by...

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, Jul 15, 2004

  3. John Fouhy

    John Lenton Guest

    On 14 Jul 2004 20:22:07 -0700, John Fouhy <> wrote:
    > Since Python has no explcit ends to blocks, emacs doesn't always know
    > the right indentation level to use. And <del> doesn't seem to be very
    > consistent (it always seems to go back 8 characters, which doesn't
    > help when the indent level is 4).

    are you using python-mode.el? It works fine here...

    > Another language where indentation is significant is Haskell. The
    > emacs Haskell mode has an excellent solution to the problem: Pushing
    > <tab> cycles through the various possible indentations.

    I'd say go talk to the python-mode people [1]

    > Does anyone know if anything like this is possible with Python mode?
    > Or are there any other popular solutions?
    >
    > (I am not an elipser)

    does that mean you don't fit ellipses [2]? :p