Emacs python-mode,py-pychecker-run problem.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Pedro Werneck, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I don't know if I should ask this here or on an emacs group/list. If I choose wrong, please forgive me.

    I am trying to run pychecker on the current buffer on python-mode using the py-pychecker-run command, but it fails with the "Symbol's function definition is void: read-shell-command" error. I don't know elisp, but seems this is the point where the error occurs:

    ;; Pychecker
    (defun py-pychecker-run (command)
    "*Run pychecker (default on the file currently visited)."
    (interactive
    (let ((default
    (format "%s %s %s" py-pychecker-command
    (mapconcat 'identity py-pychecker-command-args " ")
    (buffer-file-name)))
    (last (when py-pychecker-history
    (let* ((lastcmd (car py-pychecker-history))
    (cmd (cdr (reverse (split-string lastcmd))))
    (newcmd (reverse (cons (buffer-file-name) cmd))))
    (mapconcat 'identity newcmd " ")))))

    (list
    (read-shell-command "Run pychecker like this: "
    (if last
    last
    default)
    'py-pychecker-history))))
    (save-some-buffers (not py-ask-about-save) nil)
    (compile-internal command "No more errors"))

    ;

    And as far as I can understand, seems like my emacs doesn't have the read-shell-command function. If I try to execute or get help on it, it doesn't exist, but there's a shell-command. I tried to change but I still get erros. Is my assumption right ? How can I solve it ?

    I am using Gnu Emacs 21.2.2 (Slackware Linux 8.1, full install), python-mode version 4.34 and pychecker 0.8.12

    Thanks for any help

    Pedro
    Pedro Werneck, Aug 18, 2003