Emacs, vhdl, Windows XP, some problems

jerzy.gbur

Hi,
I want to say about two problems I can't solve.

1. I use Xilinx ISE 10.1.02. When it detects an error, it write path
to this error in code [file/line]. I configured it to open this file
in emacs on that bad line, when I use this link [{C:\emacs-22.3\bin
\runemacs.exe} +$2 $1]... but it always open new session of emacs. Is
there a possibility to open file in opened session, from external
application?

2. I use vhdl-speedbar, Display vhdl Projects - very comfortable
tool :). But almost each try to Contract or Contract All action, makes
emacs colsed, with some errors, reported by Windows XP. I tried it on
two machines, and result was the same.

Have you had any of thoset problems?

Kind Regards,

Jerzy Gbur

LittleAlex

Hi,
I want to say about two problems I can't solve.

1. I use Xilinx ISE 10.1.02. When it detects an error, it write path
to this error in code [file/line]. I configured it to open this file
in emacs on that bad line, when I use this link [{C:\emacs-22.3\bin
\runemacs.exe} +$2 $1]... but it always open new session of emacs. Is
there a possibility to open file in opened session, from external
application?

2. I use vhdl-speedbar, Display vhdl Projects - very comfortable
tool :). But almost each try to Contract or Contract All action, makes
emacs closed, with some errors, reported by Windows XP. I tried it on
two machines, and result was the same.

Have you had any of those problems?

Kind Regards,

Jerzy Gbur

What version of EMACS? IIRC there are two repositories and many, many
versions.

Also, there are a lot of problems with XP Service Pack 3. Enough to
make most sane people take another look at Linux.

Mike Treseler

Have you had any of those problems?

Yes.
That is why I use a linux box