Email Address Insertion.

Morris.C

Is there a way of automatically inserting the users e-mail address into an
HTML form using Javascript so that it can then be passed to a Perl script?
This for an internal internet page, so I know that all users are running
WinXP with IE6.

Is there a system variable, or something similar, that Javascript can use?

Thanks.

Randy Webb

Morris.C said the following on 10/9/2005 10:40 PM:
Is there a way of automatically inserting the users e-mail address into an
HTML form using Javascript so that it can then be passed to a Perl script?
This for an internal internet page, so I know that all users are running
WinXP with IE6.

What is an "internal internet" page?
Is there a system variable, or something similar, that Javascript can use?

If it is an intranet, make them log in with the email address. From
there, it's trivial.

Morris.C

Morris.C said the following on 10/9/2005 10:40 PM:

What is an "internal internet" page?

If it is an intranet, make them log in with the email address. From
there, it's trivial.

By "internal internet" page, I did mean an intranet page.

They are allowed access to this page via their 'orginisational wide'
User-ID and password.
Email address are set to: (e-mail address removed).
Having this automatically appear on the form seemed a good way to make
the page a little more user friendly.

Randy Webb

Morris.C said the following on 10/10/2005 12:28 AM:
By "internal internet" page, I did mean an intranet page.

They are allowed access to this page via their 'orginisational wide'
User-ID and password.
Email address are set to: (e-mail address removed).
Having this automatically appear on the form seemed a good way to make
the page a little more user friendly.

Then it shouldn't be hard to do a lookup for the orginisational wide
userID to get the First and last name, then, it's just a matter of
creating the email address.