Email addresses of web site viewers

Hans Kesting

Is there a way to know which email addresses viewed my website?
Thanks,
Adrian.

Without specifically asking them for it, fortunately not.

Hans Kesting

Eliyahu Goldin

Neither with asking them until you verify them by getting them to reply from
their emails.

> Adrian

Then I wonder how I get spam sent to email addresses that I only use to send
information to myself *directly* form my host/server (purchase requests,
contact requests, etc.). How do spammers discover those email addresses
then? Or is my host or isp playing tricks?

Adrian.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Hans Kesting said:
Without specifically asking them for it, fortunately not.

Hans Kesting

John Timney \(MVP\)

Perhaps you've simply been subjected to some form of dictionary attack, were
spammers randomly create email addresses to a named host and send emails
hoping to collect on the mails that are read, or one of the companies or
sites you have dealt with have harvested addresses and sold them on.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

Hans Kesting said:
Is there a way to know which email addresses viewed my website?
Thanks,
Adrian.

Without specifically asking them for it, fortunately not.

Hans Kesting

Mark Rae

Then I wonder how I get spam sent to email addresses that I only use to
send
information to myself *directly* form my host/server (purchase requests,
contact requests, etc.). How do spammers discover those email addresses
then? Or is my host or isp playing tricks?

Is your email readable in human form in the source of your HTML?

E.g. if you open the page and click View Source, can you see it?

George Ter-Saakov

A lot of spammers sending "scan" emails

So basically if you have website mydomain.com then they would send email to
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)

Those that bounce back will be thrown out as invalid emails. Those that will
not bounce back will be resold as good valid emails.
Hence you gonna be in a spammers database.

George.