    Do I need a dedicated server? Any suggestions as to how to go about a bulk
    email scenario? At least when I do have problems I would like to know
    which clients received their mailing and which ones didn't.

    JRV, Dec 5, 2003

  2. JRV

    Atrax Guest

    plain ordinary ASP isn't really suited to big, long-term processing such
    as that involved with large mailing lists. the solution I recommend is
    to use MSMQ and a service running on the server monitoring that queue.
    the ASP page acts as a simple front-end, which is rapidly released after
    setting an item in the queue. the background service then handles the
    actual leg-work, writing to a log or emailing the user to notify of
    success/failure

    yup, for this you'd need a dedicated server - I haven't yet seen a
    shared plan which you can use this sort of thing on.

    Atrax. MVP, IIS
    http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

    newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
    http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonkeys/components/Atrax.RichEdit/

    Atrax, Dec 6, 2003

  3. JRV

    JRV Guest