Email confirmation link

.Net Sports

I'm using CDO mail in my asp scripts, and I need to find a script that
whereas a user signs up for your website and when he hits submit, an
email goes to his email box with a confirmation link for him to click
so to ensure he has a valid email address. Does anyone know of a
package or series of scripts that works with this?
Thanks
netsports

Evertjan.

..Net Sports wrote on 28 Sep 2006 in
I'm using CDO mail in my asp scripts, and I need to find a script that
whereas a user signs up for your website and when he hits submit, an
email goes to his email box with a confirmation link for him to click
so to ensure he has a valid email address. Does anyone know of a
package or series of scripts that works with this?

Just let him click on:

<http://theDom.ain/confirmMail.asp?id=123&tempwrd=aqswdefr>

and in confirmMail.asp check the database record with the id, and the
tempwrd for a onetime password. If both are correct within the timeout also
set in a field of that record, say two or 24 hours, activate the record as
email submitted.

tempwrd is filled with a simple random word.