Email Confirmation Message Doesn't pick up the style sheet only in hotmail/yahoo

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tatyana, Aug 24, 2006.

  1. Tatyana

    Tatyana Guest

    Hello,

    I'm having problems to Style Order Confirmation Email Body. I'm sending it
    out as HTML.
    Everything looks fine in Outlook, but hotmail accounts (checked it on yahoo
    and hotmail) seem to disregard the stylesheet and only grab the inline
    styles.

    Is there a solution to the above problem, does anybody know the answer?

    Thank you,
    Tatyana
    Here is a template I'm sending out along with the email:

    <head>

    <title></title>

    <link href="http://www.mydomain.com/content/images/Template.css"
    rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

    </head>

    .......... Order Confirmation Information

    Tatyana, Aug 24, 2006

  2. because any automatic link in an email can be used for user tracking, the
    trend in email display is to disable them . you should switch to inline
    styles for email.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Aug 24, 2006

  3. Tatyana

    Tatyana Guest

    Understand now thanks!
    Yes that was one of the options.