Email form problems

Discussion in 'HTML' started by ross, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. ross

    ross Guest

    I have a site that I have created a form that will use the following code
    to email me.Howevr it does not consistantly work.

    <FORM enctype="text/plain"
    ACTION="mailto:?subject=SeniorNet Web Site"
    METHOD="POST">

    <input type="text" name="textfield">
    </strong></p>
    <input type="text" name="textfield3">
    </strong></p>

    violators will be procecuted!!</strong>
    <textarea name="textfield2"></textarea>

    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
    <input name="clear" type="reset" id="clear" value="Clear">
    </form>
    However, it is not working for all users. Any advice to improve this,
    please? I really appreciate this newsgroup.Thank you, Dick Ross

    ross, Dec 4, 2003

  2. ross wrote:

    > I have a site that I have created a form that will use the following code
    > to email me.Howevr it does not consistantly work.
    >
    > <FORM enctype="text/plain"
    > ACTION="mailto:?subject=SeniorNet Web Site"
    > METHOD="POST">

    No it won't. You need to use a proper form mail script on your server.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Dec 4, 2003

  3. On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:47:10 -0600, ross wrote:

    > I have a site that I have created a form that will use the following code
    > to email me.Howevr it does not consistantly work.
    >
    > <FORM enctype="text/plain"
    > ACTION="mailto:?subject=SeniorNet Web Site"

    ^^^^^^
    That's the problem, right there.

    > METHOD="POST">

    > However, it is not working for all users. Any advice to improve this,
    > please? I really appreciate this newsgroup.Thank you, Dick Ross

    mailto: form actions are not reliable. Use a server-side script
    (action='/some/url') that sends the form data to you, rather than having
    the browser do it.
    Owen Jacobson, Dec 4, 2003
  4. ross

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:3fcf9d49$>
    ross said:

    > ACTION="mailto:?subject=SeniorNet Web Site"

    The Mythical Mailto:
    http://www.isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html

    aren't you a little annoyed that you're paying newsfeeds at least
    $9.95/month so you can advertise for them?

    --
    brucie
    05/December/2003 11:41:59 am kilo
    brucie, Dec 5, 2003