    to the local accounts inside the domain.

    What is missing from the configuration?

    Thank you as always!

    Chris Marsh, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Are you sure that the SMTPServer that you have set in your aspx application
    can relay outside, check in the Internet Information Server , properties on
    your smtp and go to Access tab and click Relay

    Regards
    Martin

    "Chris Marsh" <> wrote in message
    > Help...
    >
    > I am receiving this error "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
    > " when I try to send outside email directly from
    > the website project. Keep in mind this works fine for local addresses
    > within our domain but it is failing for outside address such as the

    example
    > above. I created the above account for testing, I can send and receive
    > email from my Outlook / Exchange 2000 account to this address however I
    > cannot automatically send an email to the account from the website

    project.
    > If I remove this external address from the webconfig it will shoot an

    email

    Martin Marinov, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Chris Marsh

    Chris Marsh Guest

    Martin,

    Thank you for the prompt reply. Here is my enviornment configuration:

    2003 Server has the IIS for the Outside world with an SMTP Virtual Server
    - this relay is checked on the Access tab
    2000 Server has the ISA and Exhange 2000 w/IIS but this IIS does not have an
    SMTP Virtual Server

    Now, the big question. Should there be an SMTP Virtual Server on the
    ISA/Exchange Server as well? If so, where or how do I setup that?

    I await your next set of instructions...

    Chris

    Chris Marsh, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Chris,
    Your SMTP server probably required authentication.
    You can try to pass login/password to smtp server.
    Example
    SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "YourExchangeServer"

    mailMessage.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpa
    uthenticate", "1") ';

    mailMessage.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendu
    sername", "login") ';
    mailMessage.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendp
    assword", "password") ';
    "Chris Marsh" <> wrote in message

    Thanks
    Gerasha

    Herman Kheyfets, Jun 8, 2004
  5. You have SMTP Server issues with relaying.l You will need to configure your
    SMTP server to allow relaying.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Vlad" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have the same problem, but my error message trancated and looks

    like: "The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server
    response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for"

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Outlook should have nothing to do with it. You're sending your email
    programmatically, right?

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Vlad" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks,
    >
    > And in addition I have things described in KB290808 "NDR Error 0x00CCC79"

    When You Send SMTP Mail from Outlook Express".

    > I have check my SMTP Virtual Server. It is looks correct.
    > - Anonymous Access on Authentification tab enabled.
    > - Relay Restrictions set to "All except the list below", List is empty.
    > - Allow any computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless

    of the list above - cheked.

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 15, 2004
  7. Right,

    But for testing i have deside to check how "Outlook Express" works with my SMTP. And I have got the same error. BTW, my "Microsoft Outlook" works fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?VmxhZA==?=, Jul 15, 2004
  8. You lost me there. Again, Outlook has nothing to do with it. It's all about
    your SMTP Server.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 15, 2004
  9. Chris Marsh

    Dawn Guest

    Help...I am having the same problem. Any luck on finding a resolution??

    Thanks

    Dawn, Nov 18, 2004