Email from ASPX project failing ...

Chris Marsh

Help...

I am receiving this error "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
(e-mail address removed)" when I try to send outside email directly from
the website project. Keep in mind this works fine for local addresses
within our domain but it is failing for outside address such as the example
above. I created the above account for testing, I can send and receive
email from my Outlook / Exchange 2000 account to this address however I
cannot automatically send an email to the account from the website project.
If I remove this external address from the webconfig it will shoot an email
to the local accounts inside the domain.

What is missing from the configuration?

Thank you as always!

Martin Marinov

Are you sure that the SMTPServer that you have set in your aspx application
can relay outside, check in the Internet Information Server , properties on
your smtp and go to Access tab and click Relay

Regards
Martin

Chris Marsh

Martin,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Here is my enviornment configuration:

2003 Server has the IIS for the Outside world with an SMTP Virtual Server
- this relay is checked on the Access tab
2000 Server has the ISA and Exhange 2000 w/IIS but this IIS does not have an
SMTP Virtual Server

Now, the big question. Should there be an SMTP Virtual Server on the
ISA/Exchange Server as well? If so, where or how do I setup that?

I await your next set of instructions...

Chris

Herman Kheyfets

Kevin Spencer

You have SMTP Server issues with relaying.l You will need to configure your
SMTP server to allow relaying.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Vlad said:
Hi, I have the same problem, but my error message trancated and looks
like: "The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server
response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for"

Kevin Spencer

Outlook should have nothing to do with it. You're sending your email
programmatically, right?

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Vlad said:
Thanks,

And in addition I have things described in KB290808 "NDR Error 0x00CCC79"
When You Send SMTP Mail from Outlook Express".

Guest

Right,

But for testing i have deside to check how "Outlook Express" works with my SMTP. And I have got the same error. BTW, my "Microsoft Outlook" works fine.

Kevin Spencer

You lost me there. Again, Outlook has nothing to do with it. It's all about
your SMTP Server.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer