Email from CGI

Glen Watkins

The following doesn't work (of course)

<A HREF='mailto:p[email protected]?body=the content of the text file
in the cgi folder>click here to send this to the group</A>

It pretty much says what i am trying to do. I am assuming that what I am
trying to do can be done, I can't find any solutions to this, as i do try to
solve my problems myself, I have hit a wall, I'm at a loss..

I can make the contents appear in a browser window by doing the following...
http://www2.mypage.com/cgi-bin/publish/webevent.cgi?cmd=showevent&ncmd=listd
ay&cal=cal1&id=48209etc.

What I need to do is email that same content by simply clicking a
link/button.

The content is read and if approved prior to sending.

Any masterminds out there who can help me, please.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Sean

Glen Watkins said:
The following doesn't work (of course)

<A HREF='mailto:p[email protected]?body=the content of the text file
in the cgi folder>click here to send this to the group</A>

It pretty much says what i am trying to do. I am assuming that what I am
trying to do can be done, I can't find any solutions to this, as i do try
solve my problems myself, I have hit a wall, I'm at a loss..

I can make the contents appear in a browser window by doing the
following...
http://www2.mypage.com/cgi-bin/publish/webevent.cgi?cmd=showevent&ncmd=listd
ay&cal=cal1&id=48209etc.

What language is webevent.cgi in?

If you can have the link from the page with the content then this can be
pretty easily done.

If not...
You are going to need another cgi program. One that opens the text file and
prints
it in a body header of an email. There are several ways to do this. What
programming
languages does your system have installed? PERL or Python would be my first
two
choices.