email modul with writing to mboxes (and locking) for python 2.4.*?

Matej Cepl

Is there somewhere support for the extension of email module,
which would support writing to (and creating new) mbox folders
(with all bells and whistles, like locking)? It seems to me that
current (Python 2.4.*, I even tried email package
4.0.2 from python.org email SIG) implementation is read-only, am
I right?

Thanks for any reply,

Matej Cepl

John J. Lee

Matej Cepl said:
Is there somewhere support for the extension of email module,
which would support writing to (and creating new) mbox folders
(with all bells and whistles, like locking)? It seems to me that
current (Python 2.4.*, I even tried email package
4.0.2 from python.org email SIG) implementation is read-only, am
I right?

Thanks for any reply,

Matej Cepl

Not sure whether you know this already, but module mailbox in Python
2.5 supports writing mbox folders. If it's not 2.4 compatible, it's
fairly likely to be an easy backport.

John

Matej Cepl

Not sure whether you know this already, but module mailbox in
Python 2.5 supports writing mbox folders. If it's not 2.4
compatible, it's fairly likely to be an easy backport.

Cool! Thanks a lot.

One more reason why to upgrade to Fedora Core 7 as soon as it is
available, I suppose.

Thanks again,

Matej