Email Question -- SMTP Server, Win2000, Win2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Burak, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Burak

    Burak Guest

    Hello,

    I am using SMTP mail to send emails. I ran the aspx page from my
    local machine,which is running Windows 2000, and sent an email to my
    yahoo account. I then checked my yahoo account and the email looked
    good.

    When I ran the same page from the development server, which is
    running windows 2003, I saw "! " (hyphen and space) appear in the
    email. I tested it couple of times and it appeared at different
    locations, but was always present.

    ex: The word "Information" appearad as
    "Inf! ormation"

    Have you encontered this before?

    My code is at the bottom.

    Thank you,

    Burak

    Dim flag As Boolean
    Dim Message As System.Web.Mail.MailMessage = New
    System.Web.Mail.MailMessage
    Message.To = to_add
    Message.From = from_add
    If cc > "" Then
    Message.Cc = cc
    End If
    If cc > "" Then
    Message.Bcc = bcc
    End If

    Message.Subject = subject
    Message.Body = body_text
    Message.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html

    flag = False

    Try
    SmtpMail.SmtpServer "mail.dev.jobsforveterans.org"
    SmtpMail.Send(Message)
    flag = True
    Catch ehttp As System.Web.HttpException
    Console.WriteLine("0", ehttp.Message)
    Console.WriteLine("Here is the full error message")
    Console.Write("0", ehttp.ToString())
    flag = False
    End Try
    Return flag