email to-> hotmail problem (DiscountASP)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jassim, Jul 10, 2007.

  1. Jassim

    Jassim Guest

    Jassim, Jul 10, 2007

  2. Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 10, 2007

  3. Jassim

    Jassim Guest

    for your info, the same code is working fine for all emails excpt
    hotmail.com

    here is the code:
    MailMessage mail_message = new MailMessage();
    SmtpClient smtp_client = new SmtpClient("localhost");

    string html_message = null;

    html_message = "<html>";
    html_message += "<head>";
    html_message += "<meta http-equiv=Content-Type
    content='text/html; charset=windows-1252'>";
    html_message += "</head>";
    html_message += "<body>";
    html_message += "Thank you for registering with zatoor.com
    and welcome to the world of free classifieds. We hope you will enjoy using
    our website.";
    html_message += "<br><br>";
    html_message += "Please click on the following link to
    activate your account:";
    html_message += "<br>";
    html_message += "<a
    href='http://www.zatoor.com/activate.aspx'>CLICK HERE TO ACTIVATE YOUR
    ACCOUNT</a>";
    html_message += "<br><br>";
    html_message += "zatoor.com Team";
    html_message += "</body>";
    html_message += "</html>";

    mail_message.From = new MailAddress("",
    "zatoor.com");
    mail_message.To.Add(txtEmailAddress.Text);
    mail_message.CC.Add("");
    mail_message.Priority = MailPriority.High;
    mail_message.IsBodyHtml = true;
    mail_message.Subject = "welcome to zatoor.com";
    mail_message.Body = html_message;

    smtp_client.Send(mail_message);

    Jassim, Jul 10, 2007
  4. "Jassim" <> wrote in message

    > for your info, the same code is working fine for all emails excpt
    > hotmail.com

    And what error(s) are you getting with HotMail? Are your emails getting
    bounced? Might the be being caught in HotMail's spam filter? Has the
    recipient accidentally added you to their Blocked Senders list?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jul 10, 2007
  5. Jassim

    Jassim Guest

    I am getting nothing..It just send the email hutmail will never receive it.
    However, when I send an email from hotmail to zatoor.com and then reply to
    the email from zatoor.com i do receive it and I don't know why!!

    Jassim, Jul 10, 2007
  6. Jassim

    Jassim Rahma Guest

    plz help..

    Jassim Rahma, Jul 13, 2007
  7. That's a well-known problem.

    Many ISPs accept web mail from any source.
    Hotmail isn't one of them.

    You can *reply* to a Hotmail mail, but you cannot originate
    mail to a Hotmail account using system.web nor system.net.

    I think it has to do with their spam filter settings.

    When system.web or system.net send mail, they use the machine's
    name as the originator, and the sender is not authenticated.

    Unless you are sending through a fully-qualified mail server name, which requires
    authentication, those messages will get bounced and classified as SPAM by Hotmail.

    Bottom line : don't use a simple smtp server.
    Use a full-fledged POP3 mail server and authenticate the message sender.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 13, 2007
  8. Jassim

    Jassim Rahma Guest

    the problem is solved by using smtp.zatoor.com instead of localhost in the
    SmtpClient but now I have one problem!! when I receive the message in
    Windows Live Hotmail, I get (This message has been blocked for your safety)
    message with it.

    what can I do?

    >>> http://www.markrae.net

    Jassim Rahma, Jul 16, 2007