    Is it possible to update a webpage using just email ? to make it easy for a
    freind with a pub to update his food menu.
    DH

    Help, Aug 2, 2007

  2. Help

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Help" <> wrote in message
    news:iNmsi.15601$...
    > Is it possible to update a webpage using just email ? to make it easy for
    > a freind with a pub to update his food menu.
    > DH

    He emails you and you update the webpage for him. (grin)

    I don't know of any automated tools for this. Is HTML too much for him even
    if you gave him an html editor?
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Aug 2, 2007

  3. On Aug 2, 4:31 pm, "Help" <> wrote:
    > Is it possible to update a webpage using just email ? to make it easy for a
    > freind with a pub to update his food menu.

    It shouldn't be too difficult to build something with procmail and
    programing-lang-of-choice.

    The tricky bits would be security and coming up with a format for the
    email to take.

    It would probably be easier to just throw a database at it with a form
    on the front.

    --
    David Dorward
    http://dorward.me.uk/

    David Dorward, Aug 2, 2007
  4. Help

    El Kabong Guest

    "Help" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to update a webpage using just email ? to make it easy for
    > a freind with a pub to update his food menu.

    E-mail? Don't know about that, but, here's a tutorial that might give you a
    clue or two:

    http://www.tizag.com/phpT/fileupload.php

    El

    El Kabong, Aug 2, 2007
  5. Help

    Bob Guest

    On 2 Aug, 16:31, "Help" <> wrote:
    > Is it possible to update a webpage using just email ? to make it easy for a
    > freind with a pub to update his food menu.
    > DH

    Show your friend this program I wrote.

    www.OrderingMadeEasy.Com/

    Bob, Aug 3, 2007