email using CDONT component

Rajiv

hi all ,

i have to send the mail to all the employees of the company , e-mail address
is stored in a table .

i m using cdont component to send the mail ,

what are the basic requirement of cdont

how to install cdont on server 2000 and is it necessary that smtp server
shoud be installed or enabled on that server or it can be on other server .

actually , where i m developing this software , tech support said , the
server on which i m working smtp on that server is not installed , it is
available on another server , is it possible

i think u can understand , what i m trying to say ,

please explain the procedure and settings of all these thing .

Rgds
rajiv

Adam Short

CDONTS does use SMTP server to do the actual sending. All CDONTS is capable
of really doing is reading the SMTP server configuration to get the path to
the drop folder of the local SMTP service.

Although I use CDONTS I would recommend using CDO for the reasons offered by
the previous postee.