email validation doesn't work with CreateUserWizard

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Vincent, Feb 20, 2008.

  1. Vincent

    Vincent Guest

    Hi,

    With this CreateuserWizard code, i have two problems:

    1) when email is left empty => "email not valid." and not "E-mailadres is
    required." (never shown).
    When is "E-mailadres is required." shown?

    2) anything as email is accepted: "This is not a valid emailaddress" is
    never shown. Do i have to put a Regularexpressionvalidator control myself?
    But then what's the purpose of the property 'EmailRegularExpression'?

    <asp:CreateUserWizard ID="CreateUserWizard1" runat="server"
    DuplicateEmailErrorMessage="email already exist."
    EmailRegularExpressionErrorMessage="This is not a valid emailaddress"
    EmailRegularExpression="\w+([-+.']\w+)*@\w+([-.]\w+)*\.\w+([-.]\w+)*"
    EmailRequiredErrorMessage="E-mailadres is required."
    InvalidEmailErrorMessage="email not valid." >

    <WizardSteps>
    <asp:CreateUserWizardStep ID="CreateUserWizardStep1" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:Label ID="EmailLabel" runat="server" Text="E-mail:"></asp:Label>
    <asp:TextBox ID="Email" runat="server"
    ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:Literal ID="ErrorMessage" runat="server"
    EnableViewState="False"></asp:Literal>

    Thanks
    Vincent

    Vincent, Feb 20, 2008

  2. Vincent

    ABHIJIT B Guest

    Hi Vincent,

    While inserting new user on Submit button again check Email textbox
    should not be blank.

    Best regards,

    Abhijit B

    ABHIJIT B, Feb 21, 2008

  3. Vincent

    Vincent Guest

    Hi Abhijit,

    thanks for replying, but i don't understand what you mean ...

    Vincent, Feb 21, 2008
  4. Vincent,

    Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same problem. Seems like MS just
    goes so far with things and then drops the ball.

    Keith

    Keith G Hicks, Mar 1, 2008