    requested emails, no spamming. I don't have a clue as to
    where/how to start this. Any/all help is very graceously
    accepted. Thank you and thank you.
    Virgin Mary, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Virgin Mary

    Ray at Guest

    You're first place to start would be to not think about using an ASP page to
    do this. You can still use vbscipt or jscript to do it, but in a .vbs or
    ..js file or something.

    Where to start? Just take it one step at a time. Like, do you know how to
    extract data from an Excel workbook? Do you know how to look through the
    data? Do you know how to pass that data to a function? Do you know how to
    generate and send e-mails? Do you know what components are necessary on
    your server to send e-mails? Do you need to have Excel installed to read
    the workbook? etc. Lots of people could throw together the process from
    beginning to end in 5-60 minutes, but that's what a consultant does. If you
    want to do this yourself, break up the steps and post with questions about
    the individual steps as opposed to the whole process from beginning to end.
    If you ask for a process from beginning to end, you'll get consultant quotes
    instead of answers.

    If you want to do this in vbscript, a better group is .scripting.vbscript.
    There's also a .jscript scripting group if that is your language of choice.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Virgin Mary

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Virgin Mary" wrote
    > Hello, I am a TOTAL newbie so please don't feed me to the
    > lions. I have a 2000 server running IIS 5. I need to send
    > approximately 10000 emails to recipients from an excel
    > spreadsheet with a small word document. These are
    > requested emails, no spamming. I don't have a clue as to
    > where/how to start this. Any/all help is very graceously
    > accepted. Thank you and thank you.

    Virgin Mary connecting to the newsgroup with a web browser, using the
    default anonymous name and not signing your post with even your first name
    and you have 10k people requesting mail and you chose the ASP group?

    If these are requested emails, why would the names be in a spreadsheet of
    all places? I did a google on '10,000 email addresses' and this seems to be
    a pretty popular number where spammers are selling addresses.

    I'm skeptical. However, I do have one question. If this is legit, how did
    you get your job?
    Roland Hall, Dec 7, 2003