email with attachment

Virgin Mary

Hello, I am a TOTAL newbie so please don't feed me to the
lions. I have a 2000 server running IIS 5. I need to send
approximately 10000 emails to recipients from an excel
spreadsheet with a small word document. These are
requested emails, no spamming. I don't have a clue as to
where/how to start this. Any/all help is very graceously
accepted. Thank you and thank you.

Ray at

You're first place to start would be to not think about using an ASP page to
do this. You can still use vbscipt or jscript to do it, but in a .vbs or
..js file or something.

Where to start? Just take it one step at a time. Like, do you know how to
extract data from an Excel workbook? Do you know how to look through the
data? Do you know how to pass that data to a function? Do you know how to
generate and send e-mails? Do you know what components are necessary on
your server to send e-mails? Do you need to have Excel installed to read
the workbook? etc. Lots of people could throw together the process from
beginning to end in 5-60 minutes, but that's what a consultant does. If you
want to do this yourself, break up the steps and post with questions about
the individual steps as opposed to the whole process from beginning to end.
If you ask for a process from beginning to end, you'll get consultant quotes
instead of answers.

If you want to do this in vbscript, a better group is .scripting.vbscript.
There's also a .jscript scripting group if that is your language of choice.

Ray at work

Roland Hall

Hello, I am a TOTAL newbie so please don't feed me to the
lions. I have a 2000 server running IIS 5. I need to send
approximately 10000 emails to recipients from an excel
spreadsheet with a small word document. These are
requested emails, no spamming. I don't have a clue as to
where/how to start this. Any/all help is very graceously
accepted. Thank you and thank you.

Virgin Mary connecting to the newsgroup with a web browser, using the
default anonymous name and not signing your post with even your first name
and you have 10k people requesting mail and you chose the ASP group?

If these are requested emails, why would the names be in a spreadsheet of
all places? I did a google on '10,000 email addresses' and this seems to be
a pretty popular number where spammers are selling addresses.

I'm skeptical. However, I do have one question. If this is legit, how did
you get your job?