    Thanks,
    --
    Mel Smith
    Mel Smith, Oct 4, 2010

  2. Mel Smith

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > Mel Smith wrote:
    > > Hi:
    > >
    > > I'll be sending out emails (programmatically) to a bunch of clients.
    > >
    > > If I build the body of these emails as html docs (as opposed to plain
    > > text), what should my guidelines/responsibilities be in the creation and
    > > transmission of them ?
    > >
    > > Thanks,

    > Just musing here, your situation isn't entirely clear to me so just a
    > few thoughts.
    >
    > 1. Ask them if they will accept HTML emails

    I dunno about this. They probably don't even know what it means
    and would you really want to be explaining if they did not and
    would they have the time to listen?

    > 2. Use links to content instead of embedding pics, audio, video etc.
    > 3. Advise them that they may have to tell their email client to allow
    > remote content

    Perhaps not even this But, I suppose, I would not send them html
    emails, rather I would send them a link to an html page. They can
    bookmark it if they want, or simply keep your email for
    reference. The advantages is that you put it in one place, you
    have transmitted it once and it is there for all to see if they
    want to see it. It is sort of more gentle, softer, more asian,
    less western pushy. Your life and theirs will bathe in better
    karma.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 4, 2010