<embed>ding mp3 ref's

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gary, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Hi,

    i'm designing a page for a friend who is showcasing a music album; she
    wanted mp3 snippets of her songs posted for visitors' listening pleasure ...

    I used this code for each of the 9 or so singles she wanted previewed:

    <embed src="music_file1.mp3" autostart="false" loop="false" width="200"
    height="28" controller="true" bgcolor="#FF9900"></embed>

    this page takes a LONG, LONG time to load.

    is there something in this tag that is forcing a cache or buffering of stuff
    even before it is played?

    any alternatives to simple little players with a play /pause /stop type of
    thing?

    thanks for any opinions..

    Gary
    Gary, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Gary

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Gary <>
    declared in alt.html:

    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    > thanks for any opinions..

    You'll find plenty of those here... ;-)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:
    Mark Parnell, Jun 19, 2006

  3. Gary

    dorayme Guest

    In article <197avbvh19fyc$>,
    Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > You'll find plenty of those here... ;-)

    I see that as a pointed criticism of martians... :)

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 19, 2006