    Can anyone tell me how this is done and even give me the html is
    possible? Thanks

    BTW, I am doing the roller states in ImageReady 2.0 on win98

    david, Oct 20, 2003

  2. david

    Genghis Kahn Guest

    david <> wrote in
    news::

    > Just wondering if this is possible : I want to have a graphic
    > (static), but when the button rolls over it - I want a FLASH animation
    > to start.
    > Can anyone tell me how this is done and even give me the html is
    > possible? Thanks
    >
    > BTW, I am doing the roller states in ImageReady 2.0 on win98

    I was trying to do this myself a while ago. The best solution I came across
    was to program the rollover into the flash document.

    Personally I decided in the end to have the static image be clickable, and
    have the flash preloader run before the static image poped up.

    ---------------------
    alt255.blackangel.net
    ---------------------
    The Almighty Tallest.
    ---------------------

    Genghis Kahn, Oct 20, 2003

  3. david

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <Xns941A607B655DAalt255@68.12.19.6>,
    says...
    > > Just wondering if this is possible : I want to have a graphic
    > > (static), but when the button rolls over it - I want a FLASH animation
    > > to start.
    > > Can anyone tell me how this is done and even give me the html is
    > > possible? Thanks
    > > BTW, I am doing the roller states in ImageReady 2.0 on win98

    > I was trying to do this myself a while ago. The best solution I came across
    > was to program the rollover into the flash document.
    > Personally I decided in the end to have the static image be clickable, and
    > have the flash preloader run before the static image poped up.

    This can easily be done with Actionscript and Javascript. You can
    completely control a Flash movie from Javascript.

    You could even put the flash above the image and make the window mode
    transparent. Then have the alpha set to 0 and when you mouse over "what
    ever" or click on "what ever" you fade the Alpha to 100 and the
    animation would fade in over what ever is under it.

    <disclaimer>not everyone will see the effect.</disclaimer>

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Oct 20, 2003
  4. david

    david Guest

    >This can easily be done with Actionscript and Javascript. You can
    >completely control a Flash movie from Javascript.
    >
    >You could even put the flash above the image and make the window mode
    >transparent. Then have the alpha set to 0 and when you mouse over "what
    >ever" or click on "what ever" you fade the Alpha to 100 and the
    >animation would fade in over what ever is under it.
    >
    ><disclaimer>not everyone will see the effect.</disclaimer>

    Ok, but how is it done?!?!??!?! IS there some html I could look at?

    david, Oct 20, 2003
  5. david

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >This can easily be done with Actionscript and Javascript. You can
    > >completely control a Flash movie from Javascript.
    > >
    > >You could even put the flash above the image and make the window mode
    > >transparent. Then have the alpha set to 0 and when you mouse over "what
    > >ever" or click on "what ever" you fade the Alpha to 100 and the
    > >animation would fade in over what ever is under it.
    > ><disclaimer>not everyone will see the effect.</disclaimer>

    > Ok, but how is it done?!?!??!?! IS there some html I could look at?

    Here is a place to start,

    http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/tn4160.html

    You can also go to www.flashkit.com They also have some tutorials for
    this.