Embed flash in a rollover?

david

Just wondering if this is possible : I want to have a graphic
(static), but when the button rolls over it - I want a FLASH animation
to start.
Can anyone tell me how this is done and even give me the html is
possible? Thanks

BTW, I am doing the roller states in ImageReady 2.0 on win98

Genghis Kahn

Just wondering if this is possible : I want to have a graphic
(static), but when the button rolls over it - I want a FLASH animation
to start.
Can anyone tell me how this is done and even give me the html is
possible? Thanks

BTW, I am doing the roller states in ImageReady 2.0 on win98

I was trying to do this myself a while ago. The best solution I came across
was to program the rollover into the flash document.

Personally I decided in the end to have the static image be clickable, and
have the flash preloader run before the static image poped up.

Whitecrest

I was trying to do this myself a while ago. The best solution I came across
was to program the rollover into the flash document.
Personally I decided in the end to have the static image be clickable, and
have the flash preloader run before the static image poped up.

This can easily be done with Actionscript and Javascript. You can
completely control a Flash movie from Javascript.

You could even put the flash above the image and make the window mode
transparent. Then have the alpha set to 0 and when you mouse over "what
ever" or click on "what ever" you fade the Alpha to 100 and the
animation would fade in over what ever is under it.

<disclaimer>not everyone will see the effect.</disclaimer>

david

This can easily be done with Actionscript and Javascript. You can
completely control a Flash movie from Javascript.

You could even put the flash above the image and make the window mode
transparent. Then have the alpha set to 0 and when you mouse over "what
ever" or click on "what ever" you fade the Alpha to 100 and the
animation would fade in over what ever is under it.

<disclaimer>not everyone will see the effect.</disclaimer>

Ok, but how is it done?!?!??!?! IS there some html I could look at?