Embed image in CDOSYS message

Manuel

Anthony,
Thanks for your cooperation. I got it running. There's only one comment:
Having the .CreateMHTML = "To something", was throwing me an error. Following
the reference provided by Egbert, I removed the "=" and bingo.
So,
--.CreateMHTML "http://......" is the correct way.

Again, without you all, I'd never get it.

Thanks to the NewsGroups.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Manuel said:
Egbert,

I would like to thank you, as this reference did it. It's running and
base64
encoded :)
To next time.

it's funny (or sad, just how you phrase it) that APIs often are totally
obscure or unknown.
I don't know them all and I'm glad that such a medium as Internet multiplies
our common share knowledge each 4 years!

Anthony Jones

Egbert Nierop (MVP for IIS) said:
it's funny (or sad, just how you phrase it) that APIs often are totally
obscure or unknown.
I don't know them all and I'm glad that such a medium as Internet multiplies
our common share knowledge each 4 years!

What's more worrying is what isn't document at all.

Having posted this suggestion also I then began to wonder, 'How does CDOSYS
fetch the specified resource anyway?'. Since it's able to fetch items from
the local cache and it's activity appears in fiddler when it's running I
have to conclude it's using the Wininet stack. The documentation for CDOSYS
doesn't mention thread safety at all but I have my doubts about this
function now. :(

Anthony.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Anthony Jones said:
What's more worrying is what isn't document at all.

Having posted this suggestion also I then began to wonder, 'How does
CDOSYS
fetch the specified resource anyway?'. Since it's able to fetch items
from
the local cache and it's activity appears in fiddler when it's running I
have to conclude it's using the Wininet stack. The documentation for
CDOSYS
doesn't mention thread safety at all but I have my doubts about this
function now. :(

I would not worry, since it uses ADO for streams and perhaps only the base64
part using own algorithms.
If you want to know what it uses, start filemon from www.sysinternals.com
and you can see which COM depencies are there.

About thread safety... that's indeed the most worrying thing.