Embed; Music stops when new window opens.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by AllYou!, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. AllYou!

    AllYou! Guest

    I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,
    and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
    just fine.

    That's what I want to happen when I also open another window from
    JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
    stop. Help?

    <head>
    <script type="text/JavaScript"
    src="styles_programs/p7popmenu.js"></script>

    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!--
    var newwindow;
    function poptastic(url)
    {
    newwindow=window.open(url,'Journey','height=591,width=750');
    }
    // -->
    </script>
    </head>

    <embed src="photos/AshokenFarewell01.mp3" autostart="True" loop="True"
    width="2" height="0"></embed>

    AllYou!, Apr 6, 2007

  2. AllYou!

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:34:17 GMT AllYou! scribed:

    > I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,
    > and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
    > just fine.
    >
    > That's what I want to happen when I also open another window from
    > JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
    > stop. Help?

    Why don't you check out the standards for "embed"? Oh wait, there are no
    standards. <sigh>

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Apr 7, 2007

  3. AllYou! wrote :

    > I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,

    I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that you want to
    automatically start an mp3 clip in your visitors' browser window as they
    open your page?

    > and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
    > just fine.
    >
    > That's what I want to happen

    What about your visitors request? Is that a reasonable expectation for
    your visitors?

    when I also open another window from
    > JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
    > stop. Help?

    Can you first make your markup code use valid code? You'll find
    appropriate help in section 2.2.4.1 of
    Using Web Standards in your Web Pages
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Using_Web_Standards_in_your_Web_Pages

    After that, can you just post an url?

    GĂ©rard

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=, Apr 10, 2007