Embed; Music stops when new window opens.

AllYou!

I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,
and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
just fine.

That's what I want to happen when I also open another window from
JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
stop. Help?

<head>
<script type="text/JavaScript"
src="styles_programs/p7popmenu.js"></script>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
var newwindow;
function poptastic(url)
{
newwindow=window.open(url,'Journey','height=591,width=750');
}
// -->
</script>
</head>

<embed src="photos/AshokenFarewell01.mp3" autostart="True" loop="True"
width="2" height="0"></embed>

Neredbojias

I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,
and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
just fine.

That's what I want to happen when I also open another window from
JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
stop. Help?

Why don't you check out the standards for "embed"? Oh wait, there are no
standards. <sigh>

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=

AllYou! wrote :
I've used the embed tag to play a short mp3 clip when I open a page,

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that you want to
automatically start an mp3 clip in your visitors' browser window as they
open your page?
and if I manuall open another instance of IE, the music keeps playing
just fine.

That's what I want to happen

What about your visitors request? Is that a reasonable expectation for
your visitors?

when I also open another window from
JavaScript, but when I do that, the music stops. I don't want it to
stop. Help?

Can you first make your markup code use valid code? You'll find
appropriate help in section 2.2.4.1 of
Using Web Standards in your Web Pages
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Using_Web_Standards_in_your_Web_Pages

After that, can you just post an url?