embed player help

Mike

Does anyone know how to embed a media player such as wmp or real into a web
page?

Thank you so much for your help

Travis Newbury

Mike said:
Does anyone know how to embed a media player such as wmp or real into a web
page?

Yes, google "embed mediaplayer in webpage" You will be rewarded with a
ton of sample code.

Spartanicus

Roy Schestowitz said:
Please also take into consideration users who do not use Windows:

http://www.streamalot.com/embed.shtml

That could be interpreted as a suggestion that my resource is somehow
Windows centric, it is not.

Had you consulted my resource you would have known that it is not a "How
to embed" guide, for Audio and/or Video it is in fact the opposite.

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Spartanicus] on Wednesday 26 October 2005 12:30 \__
That could be interpreted as a suggestion that my resource is somehow
Windows centric, it is not.

Had you consulted my resource you would have known that it is not a "How
to embed" guide, for Audio and/or Video it is in fact the opposite.

Spartanicus, I only looked at your resource once I had despatched my message.
I only wanted to provide yet another (alternative) source. No hard feelings
intended or anticipated. *smile*

Roy

cwdjrxyz

Mike said:
Does anyone know how to embed a media player such as wmp or real into a web

See my pages on this subject at
http://www.cwdjr.info/media/playersRoot.php . It is possible to embed
either the WMP or Real player and have it work on most currently used
browsers. One can use object-based code that does not include illegal
tags such as embed. It is quite possible to serve the page with the
player as true xhtml 1.1 served as such using the correct mime type of
application/xhtml+xml with automatic conversion of the page to html
4.01 strict, using a PHP include, for outmoded browsers such as IE6
that can not accept the correct mentioned mime type. Or you can stop at
html 4.01 strict, if you desire.

You can include both WMP and Real players on the page if you wish. It
also is possible to stream media to other types of players, although
most people who are interested in playing media have the WMP and/or the
Real players installed. I have streamed Ogg Vorbis and MP4 just for
fun, but so few people I know use these formats that I do not include
them on most of my pages. Besides their own formats, the WMP and Real
players will play several other formats such as MP3.

The Winamp player is nice to have installed for those who are
interested in less common audio formats, because many plugins for it
can be found for more unusual formats such as .ape, .flac, etc.