embed player help

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mark Parnell, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Mark Parnell

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Mark Parnell

    Mike Guest

    Does anyone know how to embed a media player such as wmp or real into a web
    page?

    Thank you so much for your help

    Mike, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Mike wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to embed a media player such as wmp or real into a web
    > page?

    Yes, google "embed mediaplayer in webpage" You will be rewarded with a
    ton of sample code.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Oct 26, 2005
  4. __/ [Mark Parnell] on Wednesday 26 October 2005 08:12 \__

    > In our last episode, Mike <> pronounced to
    > alt.html:
    >
    >> Does anyone know how to embed a media player such as wmp or real into a
    >> web page?

    > http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    Please also take into consideration users who do not use Windows:

    http://www.streamalot.com/embed.shtml

    You can use Real as well as Windows media Player. My utmost preference is
    animated GIF's, provided that you need not have sound embedded. There are
    free conversion tools that achieve this.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 74572E8E

    Roy Schestowitz, Oct 26, 2005
  5. Mark Parnell

    Spartanicus Guest

    Roy Schestowitz <> wrote:

    >>> Does anyone know how to embed a media player such as wmp or real into a
    >>> web page?

    >> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    >Please also take into consideration users who do not use Windows:
    >
    >http://www.streamalot.com/embed.shtml

    That could be interpreted as a suggestion that my resource is somehow
    Windows centric, it is not.

    Had you consulted my resource you would have known that it is not a "How
    to embed" guide, for Audio and/or Video it is in fact the opposite.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Oct 26, 2005
  6. __/ [Spartanicus] on Wednesday 26 October 2005 12:30 \__

    >>> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    >>Please also take into consideration users who do not use Windows:
    >>
    >>http://www.streamalot.com/embed.shtml

    > That could be interpreted as a suggestion that my resource is somehow
    > Windows centric, it is not.
    >
    > Had you consulted my resource you would have known that it is not a "How
    > to embed" guide, for Audio and/or Video it is in fact the opposite.

    Spartanicus, I only looked at your resource once I had despatched my message.
    I only wanted to provide yet another (alternative) source. No hard feelings
    intended or anticipated. *smile*

    Roy

    Roy Schestowitz, Oct 26, 2005
  7. Mark Parnell

    Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to embed a media player such as wmp or real into a web

    See my pages on this subject at
    http://www.cwdjr.info/media/playersRoot.php . It is possible to embed
    either the WMP or Real player and have it work on most currently used
    browsers. One can use object-based code that does not include illegal
    tags such as embed. It is quite possible to serve the page with the
    player as true xhtml 1.1 served as such using the correct mime type of
    application/xhtml+xml with automatic conversion of the page to html
    4.01 strict, using a PHP include, for outmoded browsers such as IE6
    that can not accept the correct mentioned mime type. Or you can stop at
    html 4.01 strict, if you desire.

    You can include both WMP and Real players on the page if you wish. It
    also is possible to stream media to other types of players, although
    most people who are interested in playing media have the WMP and/or the
    Real players installed. I have streamed Ogg Vorbis and MP4 just for
    fun, but so few people I know use these formats that I do not include
    them on most of my pages. Besides their own formats, the WMP and Real
    players will play several other formats such as MP3.

    The Winamp player is nice to have installed for those who are
    interested in less common audio formats, because many plugins for it
    can be found for more unusual formats such as .ape, .flac, etc.

    , Oct 26, 2005
  8. Mark Parnell

    Mike Guest

    Thank you everyone