embed tag

Luc

Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at our
site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is there any way that even
though a link is clicked that they still here the music in the background?

code_wrong

Luc said:
Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at our
site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is there any way that
even
though a link is clicked that they still here the music in the background?

Perhaps you can use frames ... one of your frames ..the one containing the
navigation items could play the sound file

If you don't want to use frames you could embed html pages in your
navigation page thereby keeping the page with the sound in view all the time

someone will be along in a minute to tell you that sound, frames and
embedding documents within documents is evil ..

Spartanicus

Luc said:
Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at our
site.

It's rude to attempt to inflict media on others without them having
chosen to play it. Ergo: don't embed, link to the song: <a
href="music.mp3">my music said:
But after they click a link the song stops.

For you maybe, what happens on client systems depends on how they've
configured their setup.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luc said:
Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at
our site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is there any
way that even though a link is clicked that they still [hear] the
music in the background?

If you interrupted the jazz I was listening to, I would be gone from
your site in a heartbeat. If it was late at night, and you woke my wife,
I would be even more irritated. (So would she.) If I *couldn't* stop it,
I would be really upset.

Don't do it.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luc quothed:
Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at our
site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is there any way that even
though a link is clicked that they still here the music in the background?

Yes, it's easy. Stream the song.

Travis Newbury

Luc said:
Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they
look at our site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is
there any way that even though a link is clicked that they still
here the music in the background?

Yes, either just launch the mpu and let the visitor decide how they
want to play it, or open a new window with the sound in it, or use
somethng like Flash or Java.