    Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at our
    site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is there any way that even
    though a link is clicked that they still here the music in the background?
    Luc, Oct 9, 2005

  2. Luc

    code_wrong Guest

    "Luc" <> wrote in message
    news:%na2f.18452$-ops.be...
    > Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at our
    > site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is there any way that
    > even
    > though a link is clicked that they still here the music in the background?

    Perhaps you can use frames ... one of your frames ..the one containing the
    navigation items could play the sound file

    If you don't want to use frames you could embed html pages in your
    navigation page thereby keeping the page with the sound in view all the time

    someone will be along in a minute to tell you that sound, frames and
    embedding documents within documents is evil ..
    code_wrong, Oct 9, 2005

  3. Luc

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Luc" <> wrote:

    >Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at our
    >site.

    It's rude to attempt to inflict media on others without them having
    chosen to play it. Ergo: don't embed, link to the song: <a
    href="music.mp3">my music</a>

    >But after they click a link the song stops.

    For you maybe, what happens on client systems depends on how they've
    configured their setup.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Oct 9, 2005
  4. Luc wrote:

    > Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at
    > our site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is there any
    > way that even though a link is clicked that they still [hear] the
    > music in the background?

    If you interrupted the jazz I was listening to, I would be gone from
    your site in a heartbeat. If it was late at night, and you woke my wife,
    I would be even more irritated. (So would she.) If I *couldn't* stop it,
    I would be really upset.

    Don't do it.

    --
    -bts
    -When motorcycling, never follow a pig truck
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 9, 2005
  5. Luc

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Luc quothed:

    > Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they look at our
    > site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is there any way that even
    > though a link is clicked that they still here the music in the background?

    Yes, it's easy. Stream the song.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 9, 2005
  6. "Luc" <> said:
    > Hi, I would like to have people listen to some song while they
    > look at our site. But after they click a link the song stops. Is
    > there any way that even though a link is clicked that they still
    > here the music in the background?

    Yes, either just launch the mpu and let the visitor decide how they
    want to play it, or open a new window with the sound in it, or use
    somethng like Flash or Java.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Oct 9, 2005