    ruby-v4l) in a ruby/tk frame? I hear its possible for sdl at the least,
    and I know people have done this with python/perl and tk/opengl.
    Tom Nakamura

    Tom Nakamura, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Tom Nakamura

    esperanc Guest

    There are two packages for embedding opengl in a tk window: togl and
    tkogl, both available for using tk with tcl. Haven't seen it ported to
    ruby, though. A better idea is to move from tk to fox (FXruby), which
    is nicer (IMHO) than tk and supports opengl natively.

    esperanc, Jun 10, 2005

  3. From: "Tom Nakamura" <>
    Subject: embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk?
    Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:53:58 +0900
    > How can i run opengl (specifically I want to run the webcam example in
    > ruby-v4l) in a ruby/tk frame?

    What decides the posibility is whether the library has some ways
    to use the given window (by window-ID) to display.
    I don't know about that library.
    If the library can display on the given window, for example,
    f = TkFrame.new(parent, :container=>true)
    win_id = f.winfo_id
    << ... create (sub?)window based on win_id ... >>
    Hidetoshi NAGAI ()

    Hidetoshi NAGAI, Jun 11, 2005