    Help much appreciated,
    Kieran

    , May 10, 2005

  2. REH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, does anyone know of any C++ compilers for embedded systems. All
    > I've found so far is Visual eMbedded C++ that only works on Windows CE
    > (which I don't want to develop on anyway).
    > Help much appreciated,
    > Kieran

    We use GCC. There is also Green Hills.

    REH, May 10, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Hi, does anyone know of any C++ compilers for embedded systems. All
    > I've found so far is Visual eMbedded C++ that only works on Windows CE
    > (which I don't want to develop on anyway).
    > Help much appreciated,
    > Kieran

    Metaware High C/C++
    Tasking
    Green Hills
    Gnu G++
    Microsoft Visual C++ (with much conversion)
    Borland Builder (with many adjustments)

    Search the web for "Compiler C++ Cross-Compiler"
    Also search the news:comp.arch.embedded newsgroup.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, May 10, 2005
  4. Jack Klein Guest

    On 10 May 2005 11:19:13 -0700, wrote in
    comp.lang.c++:

    > Hi, does anyone know of any C++ compilers for embedded systems. All
    > I've found so far is Visual eMbedded C++ that only works on Windows CE
    > (which I don't want to develop on anyway).
    > Help much appreciated,
    > Kieran

    The question is absolutely meaningless without talking about the
    architecture, and that would be pretty much off-topic here. Where you
    really need to ask is news:comp.arch.embedded, and specify the
    architecture.

    For the PIC, for example, the answer is there aren't any.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, May 12, 2005