embedded C++ to .net

Discussion in 'C++' started by Fergal, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. Fergal

    Fergal Guest

    Hi,

    im recently new to embedded development. Im using an embedded system
    with Windows CE5 installed and trying to communicate with some
    hardware with a PC104 interface. The processor is an ARMV processor.

    The board (development kit from www.arcom.co.uk called the Viper)
    works fine and i can write programs using VS2005 in C++, C# no
    problem. The PC 104 card came with a dll and Lib file with .h files
    used in the sample code that was provided with the Card. The examples
    were unfortunately in embedded C++ 4 projects.

    As i am more au fait with the VS 2005 environment and want to continue
    writing further code there i have tried to update the code through
    creating a new project in C++ in VS2005 and porting over the code
    manually.

    I am currently getting the error..

    ------ Build started: Project: CANDriverTest, Configuration: Debug
    Smartphone 2003 (ARMV4) ------
    Linking...
    CANDriverTestDlg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
    SetBitRate referenced in function "protected: virtual int __cdecl
    CCANDriverTestDlg::OnInitDialog(void)" (?
    OnInitDialog@CCANDriverTestDlg@@MAAHXZ)

    and lots more where that came from.

    I assume its not linking to the Dll properly. If so is this an issue
    with managed and unmanaged code in the /clr ?

    has anyone got advice on porting over code from embedded C++ 4 to
    VS2005 C++ .NET CF?

    all i need is the basic functionality from the Dll to get me started.

    thanks.
    Fergal, Mar 2, 2007

  2. Fergal wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > im recently new to embedded development. Im using an embedded system
    > with Windows CE5 installed and trying to communicate with some
    > hardware with a PC104 interface. The processor is an ARMV processor.
    >
    > The board (development kit from www.arcom.co.uk called the Viper)
    > works fine and i can write programs using VS2005 in C++, C# no
    > problem. The PC 104 card came with a dll and Lib file with .h files
    > used in the sample code that was provided with the Card. The examples
    > were unfortunately in embedded C++ 4 projects.
    >
    > As i am more au fait with the VS 2005 environment and want to continue
    > writing further code there i have tried to update the code through
    > creating a new project in C++ in VS2005 and porting over the code
    > manually.
    >
    > I am currently getting the error..
    >
    > ------ Build started: Project: CANDriverTest, Configuration: Debug
    > Smartphone 2003 (ARMV4) ------
    > Linking...
    > CANDriverTestDlg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
    > SetBitRate referenced in function "protected: virtual int __cdecl
    > CCANDriverTestDlg::OnInitDialog(void)" (?
    > OnInitDialog@CCANDriverTestDlg@@MAAHXZ)
    >
    > and lots more where that came from.
    >
    > I assume its not linking to the Dll properly. If so is this an issue
    > with managed and unmanaged code in the /clr ?
    >
    > has anyone got advice on porting over code from embedded C++ 4 to
    > VS2005 C++ .NET CF?
    >
    > all i need is the basic functionality from the Dll to get me started.
    >
    > thanks.

    I really think you need a windows programming group, or a .NET group.
    Have a look in the microsoft.public.* hierarchy of newsgroups. Despite
    the fact that you are writing C++ there is no C++ conteent in your
    question. It's all about compilers and platforms.

    john
    John Harrison, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Fergal

    Fergal Guest

    On Mar 2, 8:17 am, John Harrison <> wrote:
    > Fergal wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > im recently new to embedded development. Im using an embedded system
    > > with Windows CE5 installed and trying to communicate with some
    > > hardware with a PC104 interface. The processor is an ARMV processor.

    > > The board (development kit fromwww.arcom.co.ukcalled the Viper)
    > > works fine and i can write programs using VS2005 in C++, C# no
    > > problem. The PC 104 card came with a dll and Lib file with .h files
    > > used in the sample code that was provided with the Card. The examples
    > > were unfortunately in embedded C++ 4 projects.

    > > As i am more au fait with the VS 2005 environment and want to continue
    > > writing further code there i have tried to update the code through
    > > creating a new project in C++ in VS2005 and porting over the code
    > > manually.

    > > I am currently getting the error..

    > > ------ Build started: Project: CANDriverTest, Configuration: Debug
    > > Smartphone 2003 (ARMV4) ------
    > > Linking...
    > > CANDriverTestDlg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
    > > SetBitRate referenced in function "protected: virtual int __cdecl
    > > CCANDriverTestDlg::OnInitDialog(void)" (?
    > > OnInitDialog@CCANDriverTestDlg@@MAAHXZ)

    > > and lots more where that came from.

    > > I assume its not linking to the Dll properly. If so is this an issue
    > > with managed and unmanaged code in the /clr ?

    > > has anyone got advice on porting over code from embedded C++ 4 to
    > > VS2005 C++ .NET CF?

    > > all i need is the basic functionality from the Dll to get me started.

    > > thanks.

    > I really think you need a windows programming group, or a .NET group.
    > Have a look in the microsoft.public.* hierarchy of newsgroups. Despite
    > the fact that you are writing C++ there is no C++ conteent in your
    > question. It's all about compilers and platforms.
    >
    > john- Hide quoted text -

    Ok thanks. will look again.
    Fergal, Mar 2, 2007