embedded C++ to .net

Fergal

Hi,

im recently new to embedded development. Im using an embedded system
with Windows CE5 installed and trying to communicate with some
hardware with a PC104 interface. The processor is an ARMV processor.

The board (development kit from www.arcom.co.uk called the Viper)
works fine and i can write programs using VS2005 in C++, C# no
problem. The PC 104 card came with a dll and Lib file with .h files
used in the sample code that was provided with the Card. The examples
were unfortunately in embedded C++ 4 projects.

As i am more au fait with the VS 2005 environment and want to continue
writing further code there i have tried to update the code through
creating a new project in C++ in VS2005 and porting over the code
manually.

I am currently getting the error..

------ Build started: Project: CANDriverTest, Configuration: Debug
Smartphone 2003 (ARMV4) ------
Linking...
CANDriverTestDlg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
SetBitRate referenced in function "protected: virtual int __cdecl
CCANDriverTestDlg::OnInitDialog(void)" (?
OnInitDialog@CCANDriverTestDlg@@MAAHXZ)

and lots more where that came from.

I assume its not linking to the Dll properly. If so is this an issue
with managed and unmanaged code in the /clr ?

has anyone got advice on porting over code from embedded C++ 4 to
VS2005 C++ .NET CF?

all i need is the basic functionality from the Dll to get me started.

thanks.

John Harrison

Fergal said:
[...]

I really think you need a windows programming group, or a .NET group.
Have a look in the microsoft.public.* hierarchy of newsgroups. Despite
the fact that you are writing C++ there is no C++ conteent in your
question. It's all about compilers and platforms.

john

Fergal

I really think you need a windows programming group, or a .NET group.
Have a look in the microsoft.public.* hierarchy of newsgroups. Despite
the fact that you are writing C++ there is no C++ conteent in your
question. It's all about compilers and platforms.

john- Hide quoted text -

Ok thanks. will look again.