embedded Java- for robotic

Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am doing my Master thesis currently. I am working with Sun SPOTs and controlling a robot in simulation wiith the sun SPOTs. i was given a hypothesis and i am trying to work in my thesis. the hypothesis is: "It is advantagous to use Wireless embebbed Java platform(like sun SPOT) for controlling robots." I must give a bit introducation what the scenario is.

The robot i am talking about is a kind of modular robot, but have a central controllor(modular robots have distributed control). A small robot having a Sun SPOT will be behaving as a Wheel of robot. So in my scanrio I have a robot have four small robots behaving it wheels. The Main ROBOT will have a controller(a Sun SPOT) communicating to the SUn SPOTS on the wheels(small robots).

Upto here i am working fine, I have made a simulation and have implemented the above mentioned scanario having robot in simulation and controlling then with actuall Sun SPOTS.

My questions is:
-- What else embedded Java platforms can be used for this purpose? e.g a mobile phone..
-- i started the project, but have no lacking litratue for motivation of the project.
--I am unable to prove that Wireless embedde java platform is good for controlling Robots..

Please guide me about some reading materail, articales, research papers...so that i can have enough materail to prove my hypotesis