embedded programming in C

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Morris Dovey, Feb 13, 2008.

  1. Morris Dovey

    Morris Dovey Guest

    elf wrote:

    > Where can I find some free information/tutorials about embedded
    > programming in C (but _not_ in C++)? I would like to learn about
    > network software programming for some switches and routers.

    Try asking in processor- and os-specific newsgroups. IMO you're
    unlikely to learn what you need from free tutorials. Take a look
    at W. Richard Stevens books (pretty much all of them) and see
    what might be available from O'Reilly (www.ora.com)

    --
    Morris Dovey
    DeSoto Solar
    Morris Dovey, Feb 13, 2008

  2. Morris Dovey

    elf Guest

    Hi,

    Where can I find some free information/tutorials about embedded
    programming in C (but _not_ in C++)? I would like to learn about
    network software programming for some switches and routers.

    Thanks!
    elf
    elf, Feb 13, 2008

  3. "elf" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > Where can I find some free information/tutorials about embedded
    > programming in C (but _not_ in C++)?

    <snip>

    comp.arch.embedded is a good place to look for this first part.

    Paul
    Paul Heininger, Feb 14, 2008
  4. On Feb 13, 4:01 pm, elf <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where can I find some free information/tutorials about embedded
    > programming in C (but _not_ in C++)? I would like to learn about
    > network software programming for some switches and routers.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > elf

    You will find a lot of articles about embedded software development
    at:

    http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra/

    --
    EventStudio 4.0 - http://www.Eventhelix.com/Eventstudio/
    Sequence diagram based systems engineering tool
    EventHelix.com, Feb 16, 2008