    http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk [Coastal Sports]
    http://www.tsunami-site-design.co.uk [Website Design]
    http://tinyurl.com/64xrd [Plusnet ISP]
    Alan Cole, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Alan Cole

    Spartanicus Guest

    Alan Cole <> wrote:

    >A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
    >onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
    >page

    >Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

    You attempted to embed, you should have linked instead:
    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Alan Cole

    Noozer Guest

    "Alan Cole" <> wrote in message
    > A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
    > onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
    > page at
    > http://www.storm-riders.co.uk/dbdriven/shop_misc.php?action=videoclip1
    > but I can only get the first couple of seconds of the movie to download.
    > Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? Is it working for you?

    Quicktime is evil...
    - You can't size it or zoom it
    - It always starts at 100% volume regardless of what you set in the last
    movie
    - Quality is poor
    etc...
    Noozer, Oct 24, 2004
  4. Alan Cole

    Alan Cole Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Spartanicus <> wrote:

    > Alan Cole <> wrote:
    >
    > >A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
    > >onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
    > >page

    > >Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

    > You attempted to embed, you should have linked instead:
    > http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    I will have options on the page that links to it to either download,
    stream or embed the video clip.... I still can't get the whole thing to
    download either way here though.

    Al.

    --
    Alan Cole. E-mail: justal at lineone dot net
    Alan Cole, Oct 24, 2004
  5. Alan Cole wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > Spartanicus <> wrote:
    >

    >>Alan Cole <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
    >>>onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
    >>>page

    >>>Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

    >>You attempted to embed, you should have linked instead:
    >>http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    > I will have options on the page that links to it to either download,
    > stream or embed the video clip.... I still can't get the whole thing to
    > download either way here though.

    Try re-uploading the file with your FTP Client from scratch. It may be
    corrupt, and you may have uploaded it in the sending format
    (ASCII/Binary). If your FTP client has this option available, use
    automatic.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Oct 24, 2004
  6. Alan Cole

    Alan Cole Guest

    In article <>,
    Samuël ML Lison <> wrote:

    > Alan Cole wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > Spartanicus <> wrote:

    > >>You attempted to embed, you should have linked instead:
    > >>http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    > > I will have options on the page that links to it to either download,
    > > stream or embed the video clip.... I still can't get the whole thing to
    > > download either way here though.

    > Try re-uploading the file with your FTP Client from scratch. It may be
    > corrupt, and you may have uploaded it in the sending format
    > (ASCII/Binary). If your FTP client has this option available, use
    > automatic.

    Cheers, but it can't be that as everyone else here is able to view it...
    I think it must be caused by my ISP.

    Al.

    Alan Cole, Oct 24, 2004
  7. Alan Cole

    Jim Royal Guest

    In article <ooGed.9569$nl.3019@pd7tw3no>, Noozer <>
    wrote:

    > Quicktime is evil...
    > - You can't size it or zoom it

    Yes, you can.

    > - It always starts at 100% volume regardless of what you set in the last
    > movie

    True, but who cares?

    > - Quality is poor

    Hardly.

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/

    True, the Sorenson 3 codec is beginning to show its age, in comparison
    to ones like Xvid, but given a good source, Sorenson still looks
    lovely.

    More importantly, QuickTime is still the most robust architecture for
    content authoring. It also is still the most cross-platform format we
    have as content authors. MPEG-4 ought toibe the new cross-platform
    standard, but Microsoft is still playing games with standards, as
    usual.

    --
    Jim Royal
    "Understanding is a three-edged sword"
    Jim Royal, Oct 25, 2004
  8. Jim Royal <> writes:

    > More importantly, QuickTime is still the most robust architecture for
    > content authoring.

    That's fine; but many people are concerned about content *viewing* as
    well, and the corresponding plugin has an impressive reputation of
    messing up M$ windows installations (that was my experience back then as
    well, I couldn't possibly tell for post '98 though, but I still know a
    charming number of non-geeks who would rather host a flock of
    amok-running terrorists in their home than installing the QT plugin
    again -- and it might come as a surprise, but the majority of house and
    garden users do not use a beige toaster).

    --
    | ) Più Cabernet,
    -( meno Internet.
    Eric B. Bednarz, Oct 25, 2004