Embedded Quicktime Movie Problem

Noozer

Alan Cole said:
A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
page at
http://www.storm-riders.co.uk/dbdriven/shop_misc.php?action=videoclip1
but I can only get the first couple of seconds of the movie to download.
Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? Is it working for you?

Quicktime is evil...
- You can't size it or zoom it
- It always starts at 100% volume regardless of what you set in the last
movie
- Quality is poor
etc...

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=

Alan said:
I will have options on the page that links to it to either download,
stream or embed the video clip.... I still can't get the whole thing to
download either way here though.

Try re-uploading the file with your FTP Client from scratch. It may be
corrupt, and you may have uploaded it in the sending format
(ASCII/Binary). If your FTP client has this option available, use
automatic.

Yours Sincerely,
Samuël ML Lison

Alan Cole

Samuël ML Lison said:
Try re-uploading the file with your FTP Client from scratch. It may be
corrupt, and you may have uploaded it in the sending format
(ASCII/Binary). If your FTP client has this option available, use
automatic.

Cheers, but it can't be that as everyone else here is able to view it...
I think it must be caused by my ISP.

Al.

Jim Royal

Noozer <[email protected]> said:
Quicktime is evil...
- You can't size it or zoom it

Yes, you can.
- It always starts at 100% volume regardless of what you set in the last
movie

True, but who cares?
- Quality is poor

Hardly.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

True, the Sorenson 3 codec is beginning to show its age, in comparison
to ones like Xvid, but given a good source, Sorenson still looks
lovely.

More importantly, QuickTime is still the most robust architecture for
content authoring. It also is still the most cross-platform format we
have as content authors. MPEG-4 ought toibe the new cross-platform
standard, but Microsoft is still playing games with standards, as
usual.

Eric B. Bednarz

Jim Royal said:
More importantly, QuickTime is still the most robust architecture for
content authoring.

That's fine; but many people are concerned about content *viewing* as
well, and the corresponding plugin has an impressive reputation of
messing up M$ windows installations (that was my experience back then as
well, I couldn't possibly tell for post '98 though, but I still know a
charming number of non-geeks who would rather host a flock of
amok-running terrorists in their home than installing the QT plugin
again -- and it might come as a surprise, but the majority of house and
garden users do not use a beige toaster).