    - optional hovering
    - optional code assist
    , Jul 18, 2008

  2. Evans Guest

    On 18 Jul, 16:49, wrote:
    > I am looking for an open source text editor that I can easily embed
    > into my application.  Basically, I need a JComponent-based text editor
    > I can add to a JPanel (that is, not a full IDE such as JEdit or
    > Eclipse ;)
    >
    > I am looking for the nice features such as:
    >
    > - color syntax highlighting (based on content type)
    > - line number ruler
    > - optional folding
    > - optional hovering
    > - optional code assist

    Try http://ostermiller.org/syntax/ it has a good Java syntax
    highlighter that is small enough to embed into your application. About
    the rest of your requirement, am afraid, you'd need to search really
    hard to find them.

    HTH

    --
    Evans
    http://www.jroller.com/evans
    Evans, Jul 19, 2008

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:49:51 -0700 (PDT),

    >I am looking for an open source text editor that I can easily embed
    >into my application. Basically, I need a JComponent-based text editor
    >I can add to a JPanel (that is, not a full IDE such as JEdit or
    >Eclipse ;)

    I did a google. There are dozens of people making requests for such a
    beast but no responses. This is odd. I would have expected hundreds
    of such little editors. Perhaps you should search for standalone text
    editors written in Java, and talk to the authors about what could be
    done to embed them.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary