Embedded winControl

A Lonely Programmer

i asked this in another group, sorry for the cross post but i waited a week
there the first time i asked an no answer.

Can someone tell me is it at all possible to get a wincontrol embedded in an
aspx page served over an intranet (lots of room to play around here) to
list files on the users pc in a treeview? I have spent almost all week
playing with security settings etc and that ever so lacking documentation
seems to say you can if you do it right. I don't even care if you can tell
me how, i just want to know if its possible using VB.Net.

thanks steve