embeddedDataSource and PNUTS

txtaz

Hello group,
I am trying to creata a DSN less connection using PNUTS (sort of
JAVA). Here is the code:

function createJDBCDataSet()
{
import("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver")
import("sun.jdbc.odbc.Embeddedata")
dbName = "SATAPP1"
tableName = "STResult";
ds = embeddedDataSource();
ds.setDatabaseName(dbName);

con = ds.getConnection();
stmt = con.createStatement();
rs = stmt.executeQuery("select * from STResults");
}

I get an error when I run it "pnuts.lang.PnutsException :
embeddedDataSource is not defined".
I'm sure the issue is with the import of the Embedded data class (I
guessed at what it was called).

Anyone have any ideas?
TIA
Wes

Lew

txtaz said:
Hello group,
I am trying to creata a DSN less connection using PNUTS (sort of
JAVA). Here is the code:

function createJDBCDataSet()
{
import("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver")
import("sun.jdbc.odbc.Embeddedata")
dbName = "SATAPP1"
tableName = "STResult";
ds = embeddedDataSource();
ds.setDatabaseName(dbName);

con = ds.getConnection();
stmt = con.createStatement();
rs = stmt.executeQuery("select * from STResults");
}

I get an error when I run it "pnuts.lang.PnutsException :
embeddedDataSource is not defined".
I'm sure the issue is with the import of the Embedded data class (I
guessed at what it was called).

This is a Java newsgroup What you posted is not Java. What language is it?

Lew

txtaz said:
PNUTS is based on JAVA

Please do not top-post. And the name of the languages are "Pnuts" and "Java".

According to pnuts.org,
Pnuts is a script language which can access Java APIs interactively. Pnuts can be embeded in a Java program as a scripting engine and be called easily from Java.

And Pnuts has a "different syntax than [sic] Java".

There must be specific setup procedures and requirements for Pnuts on their
website, in particular how Pnuts wants its "embeddedDataSource ... defined",
isn't there? At least something mentioning the "pnuts.lang.PnutsException",
the error you quoted.

It is just possible that someone who knows Pnuts might surf the Java
newsgroups, too, but aren't there resources more specific to it?