Embedding a CSS file in an assembly - can you access it from a Page?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by thfeldman67@gmail.com, Jan 3, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I've been building a server control in an assembly and I want to embed
    all the related resource files (.js, .css and .gif) within the
    assembly DLL (along with the ASP.NET code). I have been able to
    reference all these embedded resource files from the within the server
    control class.

    However, I have a base class that inherits from System.Web.UI.Page
    that I will use as my base web form class. I want to be able to put a
    CSS reference based on an embedded CSS resource in that base class
    rather than the server control class - but I cannot get that to work.
    Is there a way to do this?

    I've been searching MSDN, Google, etc. for related documentation - it
    appears to me that I'm doing everything right (I put my reference in
    the AssemblyInfo.vb as I have with the other files, I set the Build
    Action on the css file to Embedded Resource, I build a link reference
    just as I am doing in my server control, etc.) Is there even a way to
    do this - or does it only work from within a server control class
    method?

    Thanks in advance for your help ...

    Trevor Feldman
    BD